Need help with my internet connection.

gymscat

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2001
I have three pcs....two desktops and a laptop connect via a cable modem / Linksys Wireless Router (WRT54G) My main desktop is connected next to the router via a cable. the other desktop is connected via a USB wireless adapter, and the laptop via a Wireless card. Everything is Linksys and has been working flawlessly until now. My "main" destop pc spontaneously rebooted and now both of my desktops can't establish a connection. Also I can't get to the router setup screen via my browser. Also when I go to ipconfig on the desktops it won't give me an ip address. The laptop is working fine however. I'm not sure where to go from here....any ideas or help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Gary

gymscat

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2001
I unplugged the router and plugged it back in again and now everything is working. Any ideas on what may have caused this?
Thx
Gary

jammydodger

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2001
Im using the netgear DG814 router on my network at home, i had a similar problem not long ago. I had to do a hard reset on the router for it to work again. I have no idea what causes it. The only thing i can suggest is to go and upgrade your routers firmware.

[Insert witty comment here]