Windows 8 installation

MomoABCDF

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
Hey guys,
I'm new here and I'm glad to chat in Tom's hardware.
I have a 6 months-old desktop running win7 and i think to upgrade it to win8 pro as there is a discout. But the problem is that I have an old toshiba laptop under win vista and i want to upgrade it windows 7 USING THE SAME KEY AS ON MY DESKTOP (have the oem installation disc). Will it let me to activate win7 on this laptop of course after ugrading to win8 on the desktop? Also if this is possible are there going to be any driver compatibility issues on the laptop and what should I do?
Finally I'd like to hear some opinions about Win 8 - is it better than 7, any bugs, performance,etc.?

Thank you, I appreciate it. :)

Solution
You can use the same cdkey in any computer activate by phone with the new MB. Thats all to it.

So i want to know, if i can reinstall windows how many times i want, even when i upgrade my pc? i know that i can only have 1 pc Active / license at the same time.
You can reinstall as many times as you like, but there is a likely possibility you might have to reactivate by telephone after the 5th time.

1) Press Windows key + R, then type: slui.exe 4

2) Next press the 'ENTER' key

3) Select your 'Country' from the list.

4) Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.

5) Stay on the phone (do not select/press any options) and wait for a person to help you with activation.

6) Explain your problem clearly to the support person...

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
You can use the same cdkey in any computer activate by phone with the new MB. Thats all to it.

So i want to know, if i can reinstall windows how many times i want, even when i upgrade my pc? i know that i can only have 1 pc Active / license at the same time.
You can reinstall as many times as you like, but there is a likely possibility you might have to reactivate by telephone after the 5th time.

1) Press Windows key + R, then type: slui.exe 4

2) Next press the 'ENTER' key

3) Select your 'Country' from the list.

4) Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.

5) Stay on the phone (do not select/press any options) and wait for a person to help you with activation.

6) Explain your problem clearly to the support person.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950929/en-us

Solution

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005

whys that, if its about responding to the post, well, I dont go to the uk site and I'm not ever planning going there, and he asked the question here so I answered it with a quality answer, maybe he is not getting a quality answer over there so asked here. :hello:

TRENDING THREADS