West Wing in HD on NBC tonight

Last response: in Home Theatre
February 10, 2005 5:38:31 AM

NYC Time Warner: NO center channel, and crackles in the surrounds.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks,

More about : west wing nbc tonight

Anonymous
February 10, 2005 5:38:32 AM

no but when l&o wasn't in hd, the guy in the control room at the local
station said it was because nbc was having problem with the sound on their
hd feed so they weren't sending it anymore

"Josiah Gluck" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote in message
> NYC Time Warner: NO center channel, and crackles in the surrounds.
>
> Anyone else experience this?
>
> Thanks,

February 10, 2005 5:49:38 AM

I am on cablevision, and noticed the same problem. The voicetrack on audio
went dead.

Phil

"Josiah Gluck" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote in message
> NYC Time Warner: NO center channel, and crackles in the surrounds.
>
> Anyone else experience this?
>
> Thanks,

February 10, 2005 9:27:26 AM

Same thing on DishNetwork transmission of the Chicago NBC station. I thought
maybe it was a station problem but it must have been at the network. I was
watching in SD and whenever the voicetrack went out the picture also went to
full screen instead of letterbox. Missed voices on the whole opening sequence
and then intermittently throughout the program. NBC must have some really
incompetent engineers working on Wednesday night.

In article <CoEOd.8047$sI4.710@fe12.lga>, Philip B Kirschner says...

>I am on cablevision, and noticed the same problem. The voicetrack on audio
>went dead.
>
>Phil
>
>"Josiah Gluck" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote in message
>> NYC Time Warner: NO center channel, and crackles in the surrounds.
>>
>> Anyone else experience this?
>>
>> Thanks,

February 10, 2005 10:53:02 AM

Josiah Gluck <xxx@xxx.com> wrote in news:xxx-1EB8CF.21454809022005
@nyctyp01-ge0.rdc-nyc.rr.com:

> NYC Time Warner: NO center channel, and crackles in the surrounds.
>
> Anyone else experience this?

No, but Detroit screwed up the video and double-letterboxed it for about
the last 15 minutes.

--
Dave Oldridge+
ICQ 1800667