Best Extended ATX Case ??

Chess Gator

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2008
Hello :hello:

Is there one or two tower cases you would consider the best on the market for an Extended ATX (EATX) pedestal case? I was looking at the Silverstone TJ10, but I am a novice on the subject!

Thank you,

Chess Gator :)

Turas

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2007
I went with the Thermaltake Armor. But I dont like the big fan it comes with on the side. I want to find an older side panel.

theworminator

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
I personally like the Silverstone TJ10 also, but I don't have any experience with it. It has great features and looks sleek too, but it's expensive. Again, no experience, it's just what I feel. Hopefully someday I'll get it.

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
I bought the Silverstone Tj09, that same as the Tj10 but without a front cover. I was not impressed the cooling was a real disappointment. One day the side wondow cracked, not sure how or why, so I sent it back and instead tried the Antec 900. To be honest the Silverstone had just as poor cable management, less effective cooling, plainer looks, and was harder to work with generally than an Antec 900, which was less than half the price. To be honest I'm not sure about E-ATX cases, I am looking into one also, but the Silverstone is not the way to go.

MarkJohnson

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
IMHO no has ever been able to top the original Cooler Master Stacker. The Armor tried to copy it but failed(they added lighted fans and wings on the front door). Lian Li tried but failed although they have great constructed cases. If you've ever owned any LianLi case then you know what I'm talking about!

http://www.svc.com/stc-t01-uwk-19.html

I love the dual power supply design. I put a water cooler in the bottom where the second PSU should go. It also has a huge vent port in the bottom of the case, great for exhausting the hot air from the watercooler plus the 2 X 80mm fans at the bottom rear plate used when not using the second PSU. Plus it is extra long as it has the area for the option crossflow fan which is an awesome feature since I run watercooling and lose airflow around my northbridge and mosfets. The crossflow fan runs the full length of the motherboard and also helps in assisting to keep all you cards as well as every component of the motherboard itself nice and cool.

things I didn't like about it were all 1 drive bay covers are individual filters. I just removed them all and put filters directly on the fan and left the bay covers off. The fine mesh screens that hold the filters get dirty quick and are a pain to clean so I left them off.

The front panel wires were a little short as the case is so long, but one call to coolermaster and you can get longer wires.

The front case fans can be tricky as you can screw them in from behind very easy and may need to get a dremel out to do it. It comes with these long two-piece push pun connectors that arent adjustable. Luckily my fan filters fit though and I didn't have to worry.

One great other feature is it comes with wheel!!! It's awesome!

it's taller, deeper, and wider than any case I've owned before and I've owned a lot of cases over the years.

-=Mark=-