Is it SAFE to use a blower to clean my PC

athukoralakasun

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
Hi!!

Can anyone tel me whether it is safe to use a air blower to clean inside a PC.... i think , the one I'm talking about is not a air compressor. Vendor said that it can be used as a vacuum as well as a blower..

I saw some posts which says that air compressors and vacuums will induce static electricity..... Some people say it is not true.. so im confused....

If it is ok to use a compressed air cans(no static), then how come blowers produce static??

ps:
i hope this is the correct thread. If not please forgive me.

Every PC that comes in my repair workshop goes home having been vacuumed out to within an inch of its life. Not a spec of dust or fluff leaves this business in a customer's PC and even some laptops if they have to be opened up. No harm has ever been reported in ten years of doing this and believe me, if harm had been done, I would have heard about it.

PCs attract all the dust out of the atmosphere in the cleanest of homes and they sold be cleaned out regularly. I've never felt the need to buy any product except a normal household vacuum cleaner for this purpose. So long as you're careful and gentle while you're cleaning inside the PC, you can't go wrong.

athukoralakasun

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011

THanks mate.....

But the thing is that i have seen some posts which says that we have to keep some distance from the pc if we are using a blower or a vacuum otherwise static will com in to play.

Anyway have you used a blower??
Do you no the threshold of the air pressure to clean a PC. (I mean if the pressure is to low then it wont be possible to remove the dust on circuit boards)