I am planning a new build and I am hot to trot to get started. I am planning to go with the E6700 for my CPU, especially after comparing that to the Extreme 6800. You don't get much more for three times the cost.
Anyway, I have learned that CPU prices are coming down on July 22 and now I am not sure if I should wait for that or not to save a little money. If I do, I may be able to get a better CPU for the same money as the E6700.
Does anybody know what to expect from the price drops, i.e. new CPUs, prices, etc?
Thanks a bunch!
More aboutbuild opinions
Definitely you should be waiting, bunch of Intel's proc's will drop 50% and you will have more choice too, 6700 now would be a poor choice to make, you'll be kicking yourself in a month.
either get a e6600 or q6600 the 6700 is not worth extra money - take the $100 and put it in a better gpu or psu