sharp910sh

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2007
is this motherboard good enough? with an e6600, 2gb 667ram?
will i be able to over clock the processor using this set up. or should i go for a better mobo? or ram?

Crunch65

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2007
This is a good entry level SLI board. I do not have personal experience, but the word is the it is O.Clock friendly. I have the model below, which I don't recommend, the P5NSLI. The P5NE uses a different (nVidia 6) chipset then the one I have. I'm returning my board for either a newer version (Rev. 3) or an upgrade to the P5NE.

My .02 cents isn't worth that much as a first timer, but I think this board is great.
I researched it and applied what I learned and have had no problems. It booted on first try and I have been playing with overclocking for the past 5 weeks since I got it. I've been able to take it to 3.15 stable but no further, maybe due to no southbridge cooling, I don't know.

l337h4x0r

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
dude first of all its a great mobo, i have one with a e6600 and everythin, but i got 2 gigs or ram the n 4, i also run a bfg geforce 7600 graphics card in dual sli mode, my comp is crazy fast and installed windows in under 10 minutes, no need to do any overclockin, in all reality it could slow you down or crash your system witth al lthe specs outa wack just my opinion tho, ive done overclockin, not needed. peace hope i helped :p

festus2

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2009
festus bought this board 1 yr. ago, runs great, got q6600 cpu, 2 8600 dual graphics cards. a fan on each chip set, north and south.everything is hooked uped with ,sata. hard drives, burners sata 2 hards. i got everything with high catchs16. the higher catches is the best. just like sata is best. i put a butterfly heatsink with fav. got all 120 il. fans 7 of them. all put in my m998 case. temp. runs at 25 c. and this baby is fast i mean fast. put high catches in it. and you can be as happy as me. bought everything from tigerdirect.