Another dumb question

Resident moron back with another question.

When I load a CD, the contents of the CD appear on the screen. I remember
there was a setting somewhere that turns this off, but I can't find it. Can
someone help?

Thanks.

My computer/right click on CD drive/properties/autoplay
"Jeff Needle" <jeff.needle@general-net.com> wrote in message
> Resident moron back with another question.
>
> When I load a CD, the contents of the CD appear on the screen. I remember
> there was a setting somewhere that turns this off, but I can't find it.
> Can someone help?
>
> Thanks.

Thanks! I guess the drop down menu doesn't have anything like "Text CD" --
the closest thing was "Blank CD." I set that to "no action."

The contents of the CD still display -- maybe I have to reboot.

Thanks again.

"Dennis Marks" <denmarks@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My computer/right click on CD drive/properties/autoplay
> "Jeff Needle" <jeff.needle@general-net.com> wrote in message
>> Resident moron back with another question.
>>
>> When I load a CD, the contents of the CD appear on the screen. I
>> remember there was a setting somewhere that turns this off, but I can't
>> find it. Can someone help?
>>
>> Thanks.

Hold down the shift key while you insert the CD.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

"Jeff Needle" <jeff.needle@general-net.com> wrote in message
> Resident moron back with another question.
>
> When I load a CD, the contents of the CD appear on the screen. I remember
> there was a setting somewhere that turns this off, but I can't find it.
> Can someone help?
>
> Thanks.

Thanks!

> Hold down the shift key while you insert the CD.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban

> "Jeff Needle" <jeff.needle@general-net.com> wrote in message
>> Resident moron back with another question.
>>
>> When I load a CD, the contents of the CD appear on the screen. I
>> remember there was a setting somewhere that turns this off, but I can't
>> find it. Can someone help?
>>
>> Thanks.

Hi,

Try "mixed content".

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

> Thanks! I guess the drop down menu doesn't have anything like "Text
> CD" -- the closest thing was "Blank CD." I set that to "no action."
>
> The contents of the CD still display -- maybe I have to reboot.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> "Dennis Marks" <denmarks@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> My computer/right click on CD drive/properties/autoplay
>> "Jeff Needle" <jeff.needle@general-net.com> wrote in message
>>> Resident moron back with another question.
>>>
>>> When I load a CD, the contents of the CD appear on the screen. I
>>> remember there was a setting somewhere that turns this off, but I can't
>>> find it. Can someone help?
>>>
>>> Thanks.

I set "mixed content" to "take no action," but I still get the screen
display of the contents of the CD.

> Hi,
>
> Try "mixed content".
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Jeff Needle" <jeff.needle@general-net.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks! I guess the drop down menu doesn't have anything like "Text
>> CD" -- the closest thing was "Blank CD." I set that to "no action."
>>
>> The contents of the CD still display -- maybe I have to reboot.
>>
>> Thanks again.
>>
>> "Dennis Marks" <denmarks@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> My computer/right click on CD drive/properties/autoplay
>>> "Jeff Needle" <jeff.needle@general-net.com> wrote in message

How about another dumb question?

How do you print out your favorites and all the properties all at once??

confused in MT

What properties?

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

"papa100" <papa100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How about another dumb question?
>
> How do you print out your favorites and all the properties all at once??
>
> confused in MT

the names of all the favorites and the http infor i.e.
"http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?"