g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
First, how much do you want to bring it down? Given all the cooling, I got to believe you're planning to overclock to the max. If you're not planning on extreme overclocking, could save on all the cooling. Could also save on the CPU. Given this high end equipment, why are aren't you going with DDR2 800 RAM?

skyguy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
EASY to drop the price: Ditch the liquid cooling and drop the CPU down to a 6600. I'm dead serious. You don't need liquid cooling. And if you think you do or are entirely enamored by it, your setup has a few problems as well:

-An 80mm rad with a 655 pump is a BAD idea. BAD BAD. That pump will put too much heat dump into the loop, plus an 80mm rad alone for cooling isn't good enough for your CPU and GPU loop. End of story. A high end air cooler will do better. You cannot use a huge pump like that, do a CPU and GPU loop, and only cool with an 80mm rad. A 120mm rad would the ABSOLUTE mimimum, and even then I shudder to think about it. A 2x120mm or a full 240mm rad is needed.

-Why the Koolance blocks? CRAP. Especially if you're intent on spending the money. And are you sure it fits on the vid card too? You should double check, I can't remember offhand.

-A GPU and a CPU/RAMsink block? Why both? Either one or the other.

You asked. Sorry if it's not what you want to hear, but it's the truth. Ditch the liquid, get a 6600, and pick up a Thermalright 120 Ultra or Extreme air cooler. Seriously, you'll do just fine. Then with the money you just saved, jump up to an 8800GTS 320, and you'll be ALOT happier and still save money with a better system overall.

8)

tlafountain

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2007
Hmmm, yeah i understand what your saying about the 80mm fan.

I do want water cooling and i want the fastest posible cpu there is And yes i want to overclock to the max. Maybe ill just get a diff Radiator that will allow a biger fan.
The gpu and ram block is for the graphics card, and yes it will fit, ive checked.

The other koolance gpu block is for the northbridge, my friend has it hooked up to his northbridge and he says it works like a charm.

And that ddr2 was supos to be 800 lol, i must have added the wrong one.

The price doesnt really need to be droped much, i might be able to keep it as it is, But i dont want to be useing my money on something i will regret.

If im going to be overclocking i want something that will keep the hardware running smoth, and i want hardware that will be able to take it without dieing.

prof_chaos

Distinguished
May 25, 2007
Lmao, I can get that build down so much it's riddiculous.

1st - Go down to a X1950Pro 512mb for $155 - $100 less. Or even get an 8800GTS 320MB for the same price. :lol:
2nd - Go down to an E6600 for $220 - $100 less.
3rd - Get a Rosewill 550W psu for $60 - $50 less.
4th - Upgrade and get 2 2GB 800mhz Geil memory sets for $75 ea - $50 less.
5th - Drop all of the excess cooling shit and save another $300.

Saves you a total of $650.

tlafountain

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2007
Maybe you didn't understand me, i am building a 3d rendering and digital design computer, I am going to be over clocking, and i'm already cutting my g-card down from the 640 mb.
And i want the fastest processor, and if you would have read my second post i said i already cut down the price since i posted it, the price is fine now, i'm just asking what you all think of it and what i should upgrade.
I already know that i need to upgrade the ram.
Anything else?