hey, i downloaded the maps from sitting ducks url, the readme says to put
all the maps in the baseq3 folder, but there are some cpm and osp maps,
shouldn't the cpm and osp maps be placed in the appropriate folders, or if i
put them in the baseq3 folder, i can play that map with any mod, in this
case, shouldn't all maps be placed in baseq3 ?
tks all.
peace

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

~ OTH ~ wrote:
> hey, i downloaded the maps from sitting ducks url, the readme says to
> put all the maps in the baseq3 folder, but there are some cpm and osp
> maps, shouldn't the cpm and osp maps be placed in the appropriate
> folders, or if i put them in the baseq3 folder, i can play that map
> with any mod, in this case, shouldn't all maps be placed in baseq3 ?
> tks all.
> peace

Just put them in baseq folder.
Cpm installs maps to baseq folder anyway i think.
I ussually put/move all my maps in baseq folder like the ra3 ones then they
are available for every game type/mod without having 2 copies of each map in
different folders

On 2/6/2005 9:39 AM ~ OTH ~ brightened our day with:

>hey, i downloaded the maps from sitting ducks url, the readme says to put
>all the maps in the baseq3 folder, but there are some cpm and osp maps,
>shouldn't the cpm and osp maps be placed in the appropriate folders, or if i
>put them in the baseq3 folder, i can play that map with any mod, in this
>case, shouldn't all maps be placed in baseq3 ?
>tks all.
>peace

There are some mods that you would not the maps for in the baseq3
folder, Urban Terror for one. They'd screw everything up. OSP and CPMA
don't present any problems because the game type is just tweaked vq3. A
mod that has different weapons, power-ups, mapmodels and perhaps comes
with a set of textures etc.. should be kept separate.

HTH

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com