ATI 9250 & ATI TV card

Previously I was getting a hard shutdown (reboot) when I would launch the TV card to watch the Coaxial input. Windows would reload and state that there system recovered from a error. It linked to a driver error. I tried to reload drivers for the tuner card and attempted on the Video card with minimal luck.

Thinking it was a bug, I reloaded the OS XP SP2. I downloaded the latest Drivers regarding the 9250 Video Card and also downloaded the TV PCI tuner card.

Now currently I am not getting any form of a crash nor error, I am not able to open the "TV" on the secondary monitor. I tried the basic and the Advanced options in the Catalyst for the Video on default and customized setting to see if anything would change, no luck. I can do everything else on the secondary monitor ( Media Player Videos, Word, Excel , IE). When I do look in the Catalyst Console the is now the Theater mode option. The Secondary monitor has the screen black (no video) while I see the Primary has a Picture.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about 9250 card
  1. Actually, this is intentional. It appears that dragging the TV app over to the second display caused instability in the MMC.

Read it here.

-Wolf sends
  2. Thanks Wolfshadw For the response and the link.

I read the other. Hopefully my client is willing to except that answer. What is bad, this was working for 4months straight before this occured.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards TV ATI Graphics