Sign in with
Your question

Help to build products

Last response: in Applications
March 14, 2011 9:19:16 AM

Hello, if i need a company to help build an idea into a real product, how do i go about it. (electronic products precisely)

More about : build products

March 14, 2011 3:02:13 PM

chris1990 said:
Hello, if i need a company to help build an idea into a real product, how do i go about it. (electronic products precisely)

The first thing you need to do is fully establish your product and slap a patent on it. Depending on what you're trying to patent, and for how long, the price can dramatically fluctuate. But before that, here's a link (click here) to the US patent search engine to see if what you're wanting to develop already exists or not. The next thing to do (after the patent) is create a presentation of the idea, and in some cases a prototype of the device (if it's not already required by your patent). You should also print out a good amount of NDA (non-disclosure agreement) forms since you'll be having a lot of meetings to try and pitch your idea to whatever companies. From there, it just comes down to if they like your idea!

A few things to keep in mind though while pitching your idea around is to never give all the information out. Just give a brief rundown, trying to not give anything key away until they let you know they're interested. Never trust anyone either. No matter how comfortable you get with someone, always remember that 99% of the time people are thinking about money, and that's the sole reason why they have met with you initially; to make more money. And lastly, have a good spirit about yourself and your idea. People are drawn to others who are energetic and outgoing more than someone who might play things low key. You have to make them believe your idea is good, but if you don't seem convinced yourself then they definitely wont.

Hope this helps and good luck with the whole process!
!