Help: DWL G820 D-Link

Eggroll123

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
Hello,
Im new to these forums so don't make fun of me if I don't post in the right section. I got this wired wireless adapter and I try to config it. It always say The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading or can't connect to this IP even thouth I set the ip to like 192.168.42.1 or something like that. Here the wireless gaming adapter im talking about http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=333 and yes I followed the manuel over and over and still doesn't work.

Bye and thanks for the help. Ill post error and spec tomarrow if you guys don't get it.

akhilles

Splendid
It looks like an access point to me. It connects to an existing wireless router that's hooked up to a modem. If not, post your setup.

If it's a Dlink router, you can save everything to a file on PC prior and reset the router as a test. Use default everything. Do NOT change the default IP of the router. Reset your gaming adapter.

Set up your router with your ISP login & password. Check out a few webpages on a pc. Set up your gaming adapter with a cable to the pc. You may have to disconnect from router first and hardcode an IP in Windows cuz the IP may conflict with the router (see appendix for how in guide). I think the manual mentions this. Go to your gaming adapter in a web browser and use the wizard to set it up. Do NOT change IP. After that, disconnect the cable from gaming adapter. Hook it up to your game console with a cable.

The quick start guide is wrong in step 2. You don't hook it up to console until after you set it up with a pc. The appendix should be in step 2 as well. I used to have a range extender that had a very similiar web admin. I followed the guide to the letter and it wouldn't work (no signal). Googling around solved the problem.