Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Vista rating error.

Last response: in Windows Vista
March 3, 2010 7:03:46 PM

My windows scores me 4.8. But my rating is unavailable when I install new display driver for my ati cards. If I uninstall the latest driver, than my rating is available again.

What's the problem and how can I solve this?

More about : vista rating error

March 4, 2010 7:01:08 AM

To uninstall a video driver, you first have to be booted into the Safe mode (F8).

The operating system can't uninstall a driver when it is in use and when you boot up in normal mode the video driver is in use.

Granted, some driver upgrades are programed to make the change during a reboot. However, not all upgrade programmers are that thoughtful.
Score
March 4, 2010 2:44:16 PM

When you update your driver, you have to re-evaluate your system in order to get a new WEI score. Of course, it likely won't change anyway... and if it does it will only be by a very small amount. (From 4.8 to 4.9, for example)

Did it not say "New hardware detected... Your Windows Experience Index needs to be refreshed"?
Score
Related resources
March 4, 2010 5:27:44 PM

Yes, it say "New hardware detected... Your Windows Experience Index needs to be refreshed"?

but when i refreshed, it won,t work. Even gpu_z meter show wrong reading. It says my bandwidth is 395GB/s. But my card is 4650 1GB DDR2. How's that possible !?
Score
March 5, 2010 4:10:34 AM

What do you mean by "it won't work"? Are you saying it doesn't give you a WEI score at all? You have to close system properties after the refresh and re-open it. I would seriously suggest ignoring the the WEI score anyway... it really isn't very useful as a benchmark tool. You might try cleaning the driver out as Gandalf suggests and installing the new one fresh to see if that works.
Score
March 5, 2010 7:43:10 AM

You are right. WEI score is not necessary. I use Gandalf suggestion, but it did not work. There might be problem in my graphic card. New driver is not suitable in my PC, but the old one. However, i give up and facing no problem with this error.
Score
March 5, 2010 8:21:52 AM

What is the make/model of your video card?
If you are not sure, check your Device Manager.

Is your operating system 32bit or 64bit?
Score
March 7, 2010 4:26:19 AM

HD 4650 Radeon and i am using 32bit operation system.
Score
March 7, 2010 4:29:23 PM

Yes, I have tried full catalyst software 10.2 for vista 32-bit. But if i use previous version of catalyst, than there is no problem. Only latest catalyst make this problem.
Score

Best solution

March 7, 2010 4:42:18 PM

Then, I suggest you let them know.
http://www.amd.com/us/aboutamd/contact-us/pages/contact...
They may have a driver fix for you or you might have found a driver bug.

In the meantime, you can always run with the older driver.
If you access Device Manager > Display Adapters > HD 4650 Radeon
Right click to get Properties > Driver
Roll Back Driver
April 1, 2010 9:25:37 AM

Best answer selected by mubin.
Score
June 9, 2011 9:13:17 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!