Vista rating error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mubin

Distinguished
My windows scores me 4.8. But my rating is unavailable when I install new display driver for my ati cards. If I uninstall the latest driver, than my rating is available again.

What's the problem and how can I solve this?

Gandalf

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
To uninstall a video driver, you first have to be booted into the Safe mode (F8).

The operating system can't uninstall a driver when it is in use and when you boot up in normal mode the video driver is in use.

Granted, some driver upgrades are programed to make the change during a reboot. However, not all upgrade programmers are that thoughtful.

When you update your driver, you have to re-evaluate your system in order to get a new WEI score. Of course, it likely won't change anyway... and if it does it will only be by a very small amount. (From 4.8 to 4.9, for example)

Did it not say "New hardware detected... Your Windows Experience Index needs to be refreshed"?

mubin

Distinguished
Yes, it say "New hardware detected... Your Windows Experience Index needs to be refreshed"?

but when i refreshed, it won,t work. Even gpu_z meter show wrong reading. It says my bandwidth is 395GB/s. But my card is 4650 1GB DDR2. How's that possible !?

What do you mean by "it won't work"? Are you saying it doesn't give you a WEI score at all? You have to close system properties after the refresh and re-open it. I would seriously suggest ignoring the the WEI score anyway... it really isn't very useful as a benchmark tool. You might try cleaning the driver out as Gandalf suggests and installing the new one fresh to see if that works.

mubin

Distinguished
You are right. WEI score is not necessary. I use Gandalf suggestion, but it did not work. There might be problem in my graphic card. New driver is not suitable in my PC, but the old one. However, i give up and facing no problem with this error.

Status
Not open for further replies.