darkspreader

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2006
I'm totally confused. I've been using CoreTemp this whole time, always worried about my temperatures, 40C idle 60C+ at load. But today I thought I'd look around for some cooler/better featured temperature rating programs, and I come across RMclock. I loook at the temperatures, and it's saying 27C idle? I'm like wow, something is wrong, so I check Speedfan, too. 27C! So now at this point I'm like about to rip my hair out on what's the real temp for undle idle and load.

http://www.alpha27.randomresources.com/files/zomghax.jpg

Ignore the 1350000RPM and 675000PRM fans, lol, I think it's doing that because those fans have a manual RPM control (A2018). Also ignore the -2C temperature on Speedfan, I think it's also doing that because those same fans have their own temperature probes.

Right now I'm kind of trusting on the CoreTemp, because I've noticed that whenever I play Dawn of War for an hour or two at 3.0ghz, I start lagging like crazy...

Any suggestions on this topic?

darkspreader said:
I'm totally confused. I've been using CoreTemp this whole time, always worried about my temperatures, 40C idle 60C+ at load. But today I thought I'd look around for some cooler/better featured temperature rating programs, and I come across RMclock. I loook at the temperatures, and it's saying 27C idle? I'm like wow, something is wrong, so I check Speedfan, too. 27C! So now at this point I'm like about to rip my hair out on what's the real temp for undle idle and load.

http://www.alpha27.randomresources.com/files/zomghax.jpg

Ignore the 1350000RPM and 675000PRM fans, lol, I think it's doing that because those fans have a manual RPM control (A2018). Also ignore the -2C temperature on Speedfan, I think it's also doing that because those same fans have their own temperature probes.

Right now I'm kind of trusting on the CoreTemp, because I've noticed that whenever I play Dawn of War for an hour or two at 3.0ghz, I start lagging like crazy...

Any suggestions on this topic?

Like you, I have used many of the cpu monitoring programs. I found my ASUS MB CPU temp monitoring program matches the temps Speedfan shows exactly. I look to those temps as being the more accurate.

darkspreader

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2006
well, i just checked the BIOS, and it's saying around 40C for each core.....so that means CoreTemp must be right. That's bad, lol, I was hoping the 27C would be the real temps....I may have a concave or convex IHS knowing my luck.... I'll probably just get a Thermalright Ultra 100 Extreme, or one of those Ultimas, and use my Infinity for my server, then lap the Thermalright and my e4400's IHS......that seems like the only way to go...

well, i just checked the BIOS, and it's saying around 40C for each core.....so that means CoreTemp must be right. That's bad, lol, I was hoping the 27C would be the real temps....I may have a concave or convex IHS knowing my luck.... I'll probably just get a Thermalright Ultra 100 Extreme, or one of those Ultimas, and use my Infinity for my server, then lap the Thermalright and my e4400's IHS......that seems like the only way to go...

I am currently trying to solve a heat problem (slight CPU, NB/SB) on my son's ASUS A8N32-SLI 4800 X2 7800GT x2 SLI. If I take the side panel off the CPU and NB temps drop about 7 to 8 c. I've removed some of the PCI slot inserts in the back of the case and stopped the machine from crashing on occasion due to heat. I don't know about lapping my Zalman 9500, I may just reseat it with new AS. I may just swap out the case from the Lian Li it is in to a coolermaster with a full meshed front I have. I can't get a 90mm adapter in the back of the Lian Li, psu is in the way. Si, I can either leave the side panel off or take the pci covers off like I am doing and add an Antec exhaust blower atop the main video card :D Whew. I have more heat probs than you do right now. :lol: