Happy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

I have been trying to use the sound recorder in XP, using a microphone. I
bring up the recorder, have my mic plugged in to the appropriate spot, but
when attempting to record I get the msg. "Your audio hardware cannot record
into files like the current file. To record create a new document."
Any thoughts? How do I do this> (It works fine when I use edit/insert file)

Hi Happy:

The error you describe can occur when another program is using the
microphone. To fix the problem, exit all applications that might be using the
microphone. Here's an example from the Knowledge Base:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q284886

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Rob

This post is provided "AS IS", with no warranty and conferring no rights.