Upgrade vista to windows 7 ~ stuck at acer e-recovery management

Status
Not open for further replies.

chomby

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Hi ~
I have an acer aspire 5315 series laptop with windows vista basic and I wanted to change from vista 32 bit to windws 7 32 bit. Did the whole installing thing and when it was finished, Acer eRecovery management comes up saying "cannot find file: C:\D2D\Images\*.WSI when try to determine UI language"

I clicked OKAY cos it's the only thing to click and it goes to "how would you like to restore?". I chose "restore system to factory default" and something came up, everything was mostly blank but I read "hard disk partition 2 something something" then it would say "restore failed - reason 0xa0000001"

So I restart and try the other option which is restore system from CD/DVD and was told to insert backup disk 1 or system CD. I don't have any of those, or..where do I find it? I can't use my laptop now so I can't create a backup disk or whatever acer eRecovery is. It's just stuck at this restoring thing.. and I can't go anywhere

could someone help me please ~ I need to get it done asap
I have no idea what to do ~ and haven't done any of this before

i tried alt + f10 at the start but it made a horrible loud sound.... >=[

thank you ~ :)

Solution
backup you data's to external drive with any one of live OS like Hiren's Boot ot any thing , & format all the drives or contact acer support team..
make suresome time data may corrupted when you access data's from external drive with reinstalled pc,, not common but few asked in tomshardware also..

manojgj

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
i'm not sure, bcz i never done upgrade or factory restore after upgrading OS..
factory restore will take you to vista basic that packed with your laptop ..so vista may be messed up with windows 7 files during resore process..

if possible do an fresh win 7 installation..

chomby

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
thanks for replying
but how do i install win7 again,
i shut down my laptop and turn it back on, it just goes back to that restoring page in full screen. There's no start menu or any other buttons i can click =S

chomby

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
so i installed win7 again but same thing happen.
Then i realised that before the error message comes up, there was a table of some sort saying 'source: hard disk partition 2'. When i install win7 i chose partition 3 which is my d drive because partition 2 my c drive was too full. So then I went back to install win7 again, this time formatting partition 2 to clear up space and chose it to install win7 on. After its finished, the restore thing came up again =S

I even went to 'repair your computer' and chose command promt and typed in fixboot and such but it says it's not recognisable. I went to win7 install windows and see that win7 is already in my c drive and vista is not there anymore.. but still i cant get pass that acer e recovery thing to use my laptop again..

manojgj

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
backup you data's to external drive with any one of live OS like Hiren's Boot ot any thing , & format all the drives or contact acer support team..
make suresome time data may corrupted when you access data's from external drive with reinstalled pc,, not common but few asked in tomshardware also..

Solution

belle2

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
won't download jpg picture attachments. says it is not a valid win 32 application. It did in the beginning, but someone changed something. or what ever ?

Black22

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
To comment on the Acer Aspire 5315, I just went through the war of switching from vista to Win 7. Vista put up a fight on all computers but on the Acer laptop the internal hard drive is partitioned where acer have as much space as the OS (which is the Vista or Win 7) to create a back up of everything. The best thing to do is delete everything on the hard drive before installing a new OS (Win 7). Also the Acer Aspire 5315 is a 64bit system not a 32bit. I also thought it was 32Bit but thats what vista put it as.

Black Legacy

Spacee

Distinguished
May 6, 2011

SERIOUSLY,Is the 5315 is 64bit,,cos if it is then Surely most of the mistakes are made instalin 32bit stuff??

Spacee

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
I had filled my comp with Crap and tryed to restore to factory settings with E management,,
It ran through a few filles for about 2 hours and i thought,,Hmmm ok,,press escape,,(Whoops),
it said recovery finished press enter to continue,,I pressed enter and whoosh,,it started reeboot,
went past the ACER screen,,Got to the flashin cursor at the top left,,Then diddnt do anythin else exept PING loudly when buttons were pressed,,
Luckily i had access to a legitimate copy of windows 7 profesional,,
Put the disc in Rebooted my computer and it did a fresh install,,took about 1 an a half hours,,
If possible backup your computer ON your computer,,It will tell you if you can(MOST DO),,
ALWAYS have a copy of your operating system that is BOOTABLE,,NOT a file on a DVD,,
NO computer is SAFE,,ALWAYS back it up,,it sounds extreem but i make 3 backups,,
1 for me,1 Kept at my Fathers,and 1 that i keep at work!

Status
Not open for further replies.