cpu cooling help!!!

merwan

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007
whats the best cooler for my athlon 64 x2 6000+? (considering money too)

i would appreciate it more if you can send me a link for this product and a uk based link please.

thank you so much

specs

IcY18

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
A Tuniq Tower 120 and Thermalright Ultra 120(w/ a good fan) are also good alternatives that will perform better than the CNPS9700.

ianb901

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
Hi

I too have a AMD X2 6000 I replaced the supplied heatsink & fitted an Artic freezer 64 pro air cooler to it & it works fine, temps are

Idle Core 1 - 33c
idle Core 2 - 33c

Load Core 1 55c
Load Core 2 54c

The cooler is available at Ebuyer, Teheads & Scan computers for about £14 like everything you can get better depending on what you want to spend, but for the money it is a good quiet air cooler. Also once the load on the CPU is eased it brings the temps back down very quickly which not all coolers do particularly well

wingless

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2006
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Description=vigor+monsoon+II&x=0&y=0

Try this Vigor Monsoon II Thermal Electric cooler. I have it on my Opteron 185 @3.0Ghz with a 250mhz FSB at 1.4vcore.

If I turn on cool and quiet it idles at 22c. Without CnC overclocked it idles at 38c and has never gone over 47c under extreme load.

Sorry that Newegg is currently sold out. The damn thing seems to work perfectly and this is surely why its sold out. One important thing you need to know is that you have to take your motherboard out to mount the backplate on the back of the motherboard. Kinda time consuming but well worth it. Its also not as noisy as some reviews may say but you will notice it if you're coming from a near silent setup.

vincio_filiarum

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2007
well, I can't really help you decide which cooler you want - the names are all I've come across - scythe ninja, arctic freezer pro 7... but I can give you the links to UK based sites that do them...

take a look around: Quiet PC for all sorts of wierd cooling thats damn near silent (apparently...)

Quiet PC UK

and the most diverse of the enthusiasts sites: OverclockersUK... this is where you'll find the hardcore stuff...

OCUK main page

For most stuff, Scan usually works out at about a 5er cheaper... but their customer service, in particular their RMA procedure has been shite in my experience. Good for the mainstream enthusiast stuff (I'd liken it to the UK Newegg)but its OCUK for special, Quietpc for quiet...

Scan Computers

Scan's selection of coolers is pretty rubbish - go for OCUK or quiet...

Have fun!