already have
this:
I7-960 + ga-x58 M/B + Gtx 570 + 2 TB wd hdd+ 24g 1333 ram
but still cant handle high number of 3d mesh in a big detailed scene
knowing that i use 3dsmax 2009 + vray 1.5 sp2
i manage my files in bounding box and all in turned off layers
need help thx
March 28, 2011 5:08:15 PM

You already have about as big of a system as you can get, the only thing I may suggest you try is to use a pro level video card with dedicated drivers, Quadro or FireGL. Also maybe contact support for a vendor like Dell or Lenovo and talk to someone in their workstation department.

Assuming you are running on a 64 bit OS and the software is fully supported for it.
March 28, 2011 10:53:54 PM

yes it is 64 bits windows 7 ultimate and the software is fully compatible and am using it on other machines quite good now i managed with the help of a friend to make some windows settings so that the system and memory management is lighter and fast it solved 50 % of the problem the handling is good and the cash is higher with few program dumps i edited registry to turn of super prefetch and also turned off few windows features that i dont use like games and tablet pc also turned on .net framework features any way tx for ur reply iam thinking of a quadro vga but already payed too much till now
Related resources
March 29, 2011 1:58:51 PM

You were ready to spend 5k on a whole new system to try to fix this, a few hundred on a card that was made to run your software should not be that big of a deal. May give you an improvement as well. Make sure your BIOS and system drivers are updated as well.
March 29, 2011 4:07:41 PM

ok ur right but what about bios and system drivers how can i update them and what do they change?
March 29, 2011 4:16:58 PM

Go to the vendor's web site, download the updates from there. The driver updates add better hardware support, speed, bug fixes. You may not need the BIOS updates, there is a small risk of it failing and making the system un-bootable, but that is a very small risk, way less than 1%. The only issues would be if you loose power mid-way or something interrupts the update.
!