Deathadder VS Diamondback

panda_man

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
I didn't see a section on perphials, so I posted here. Title says it all really, which mouse do you guys prefer and why?

Rabidpeanut

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
NO WAY!

DIAMONDBACK FOREVER!

Look at mouse mark 2007.

Plus the diamond back is not ugly.....

And i think it is cheaper too.

Just don't get the chameleon, it is ugly. The green one looks nicest.

...Mx518/G5 > razer.

Absolutely. I love my G5's; bought a second one for my laptop and may even buy a personal one for work. I tried the Razer, but found its side buttons very awkward to use quickly in the midst of battle. The tilting scroll wheel on the G5 is vastly superior. It was easier to adjust the Razer's sensitivity with an on-screen slider, but I didn't do that often. The G5 is also very easy to customize for multiple programs.

Edit: See what I mean? He used to be just "Peanut," but something bit him when his Razer wasn't quick enough, and now he's rabid.

rabidbunny

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
I have a G5 mouse and I like it too. However, when I first got it, it took getting use to since it didn't have dual side buttons like the microsoft intellimouse I have on my old pc. So, the next mouse I will get is a razer, since I like them better than my G5.

Basically, it's a personal preference.

BambisRevenge

Distinguished
May 24, 2007
I suggest the Death Adder for sure!

It is the best mouse ive used, beats the hell out of my Copperhead and the copperhead is very similar to the dimondback in shape, feel and looks.

I think the Death Adder also looks better than any other mouse. with sleek lines and a great black finish.

The death addder also has a better 3G optical sensor than the 2G sensor in the diamond back, with other great features like 1000hz ultrapolling, a far superior on-screen sensitivity changer ASWELL as DPI switching.

The side buttons are NOT hard to use, it is Razers best side button assignment IMO the diamond back has terrible side buttons imo. The death adder's are large and easy to click, good placement, no accidental clicking aswell.

The non slip surface of the mouse not only looks great but helps u grip the mouse well. Also adds to comfotability.

The mouse has a GREAT shape and feel, suitable for whole hand holding or just your fingers, EXTREMELY comfortable.

Very smooth movement from Telflon feet and 1800DPI engine.

Has low lift off movement (doesnt move when u lift it off and put back down)

Doesn't skip when moving extremly fast, great sensor, good for low or high sensitivity gaming.

5 different profiles for different games, programs windows usage anything u like really.

Excelent Drivers, can change many things easily with the razer driver, including pesky windows mouse options like acceleration. Constant updates, and even firmware updates.

There are also TONS of stories of the G5 Breaking for no reason, bad quality imo... if you absolutly have to get a Logitech mouse, then go for the mx518, NOT the G5, its junk.

I HIGHLY recommend the Razer Death Adder over ANY other mouse. Its the best mouse Ive used, do yourself a favour, go pick one up and start fragging!

:D

Rabidpeanut

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
LIES AND SLANDER!

YOU HAVE WEIRDLY SHAPED HANDS! ;)

Basically it is up to you, if you want a better looking mouse get the diamondback. Also usb polling speed did not seem to affect the razer mice, and it does not matter anyway, cause all you need to do with the diamondback is turn up your usb frequency and you will have the same thing, which has no effect anyway.

bobbys

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
...Mx518/G5 > razer.

Absolutely. I love my G5's; bought a second one for my laptop and may even buy a personal one for work. I tried the Razer, but found its side buttons very awkward to use quickly in the midst of battle. The tilting scroll wheel on the G5 is vastly superior. It was easier to adjust the Razer's sensitivity with an on-screen slider, but I didn't do that often. The G5 is also very easy to customize for multiple programs.

Edit: See what I mean? He used to be just "Peanut," but something bit him when his Razer wasn't quick enough, and now he's rabid.

i have all must every gaming mouse out there, the mx518,original g5, diamondback,copperhead, deathadder,and now i use my g7 for my laptop and the new two button g5 for desktop gaming.

out of them all i agree i love the logitech mouses,take my word for it unless your left handed the logitech mouses are so much better so much better than the razer's, just my opinion.

Rabidpeanut

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
They are more expensive and not as good and thy break without any provocation. So if you REALLY want a g5 get it but otherwise mx518 or razer diamondback.

darkspreader

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2006
sorry for reviving an old topic, but may i suggest the Microsoft/Razer Habu. I love the design of it, it fits my hand perfectly. Despite the small driver problems that it has, it's a very good mouse. Unlike the copperhead, the two buttons on the right side for DPI switching is on the top, so you can easily press them. Plus you can change the left side buttons with a different size/position. I would suggest this, and the G5, to anyone. I just like the Habu because of its feel, and its look that matches with my setup.