Ok so, I've got a BIG problem.

snowysnowcones

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2006
Hi,
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, if it's not, could a mod. please move it. Now, yesterday, I wanted to try my hand at overclocking. I raised the FSB to 266, and bumped up the CPU voltage .01, just to be sure it's stable. The computer ran fine for hours, I even reset it a few times when updated my audio drivers. I played Halo 2 for a good 2 or 3 hours last night, before I shut off... everything was running fine. Now this morning, I go and turn on my PC, and nothing happens. It doesn't boot at all. The powersupply doesn't it boot for a second. Now, I really have no idea if this is the powersupply, my overclock, or if my parts just fried. One thing weird that I did notice, was that CPU-z was reporting that my "over-clock" was really a down-clock, and I was running at 1.6ghz at a 6x multiplier... but my BIOS said I was running at 2.4ghz @9x, as did a program that came with my motherboard (I downloaded this just to see if it was saying what CPU-z said, NOT to have it "auto-overclock".)
OK, so like I said, I have no idea what's wrong with my PC. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :)
-Snowy

System Specs:
CPU Intel Core 2 Duo e4300
Motherboard Biostar T-Force TP35D2-A7 (P35 chipset)
Videocard Sapphire Radeon X1950GT (I also had this overclocked to just under PRO speeds, but the overclock was just reserved for 3D mode)
RAM Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 1000mhz (2 x 1)gb (This was overclocked to the same speed as the FSB - 1064)
Power supply Antec Smart Power 2.0 500watt
Operating System Windows Vista Buisness Upgrade edition

I noticed that you've got a newer P35 board and it could be a case of an immature BIOS not being able to handle too many tweaks, especially since you're using the 1st and only BIOS release. I've never really known BIOstar mobos to be super overclockers, either, so...

Clear the CMOS to reset the BIOS and see if the machine boots. It could be the machine doesn't like your OC settings.

If clearing the CMOS and setting th BIOS back to defaults allows you to boot and get the machine up and running, then it sounds like you need to wait until further BIOS release before tweaking and OC'ing.

snowysnowcones

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2006
Hmm... well, it was handling everything A-OK yesterday, and the Biostar has this feature, where if you set immature over-clocks, it automatically goes into the BIOS and tells you what to change. (I know this works, I had it happen to me :p ) And NOTHING, and I mean, nothing happens when I turn on the powersupply - This power supply has had some known issues in the past, so I'm thinkin it's that. But I'll take your advice, and reset the BIOS - Thanks for posting! :)