bios and cpu-z give different volt. readings

glupee

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
I was just wondering if any one else has this problem and/or if you know which reading is correct.
I've set my bios core v to 1.35, but cpu-z gives me a reading of ~1.25.. i'm hoping that cpu-z is correct, but i'm guessing that's just wishfull thinking :lol:

well thanks in advance for you help.

bh626pro

Distinguished
May 18, 2007
Try using speedfan to check. CPU-Z is often wrong on voltage.

Also, maybe your board has vDroop - where the load/idle voltage is lower than what you set in bios.

bh

WhateverPT

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
M2n32-sli deluxe has some problems with other programs da read sensors for instance, core temp or speedfan.. this happens due to their really custom bios.. i have one and sometimes the computer restarts just for having core temp reading the cpu

glupee

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
Thanks for the responses guys!

After doing a little research it appears my board does have this vDroop doo-hickie :cry:

so now my next question is, does this mean i can keep raising the vCore and it's going to adjust it by ratio or does it just always default to set maximum?

htoonthura

Distinguished
May 21, 2006

After doing a little research it appears my board does have this vDroop doo-hickie :cry:

so now my next question is, does this mean i can keep raising the vCore and it's going to adjust it by ratio or does it just always default to set maximum?

i do not understand about vdrop. what are the negative impacts? Please explain it to me.

Thanks

glupee

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007

i do not understand about vdrop. what are the negative impacts? Please explain it to me.

Thanks
from what i understand, it's when the vCore is set manually the system will lower the actual voltage.
What happens to me tho is that bios continues to display the manually set number while cpuz gives me a lower (actual as far as i can tell) voltage.
someone please correct me if i'm misunderstanding this.

waleedhk

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
Vdroop means the Vcore at idle fluctuate at load. this means it goes up and down while speedstep is not enabled.....(i am not sure but it is something like this)

WhateverPT

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
for that motherboard i would recommend pc probeII i know it sucks but for vcore measuring purposes it should do very well, because it reads directly the motherboard sensor with no doubt

glupee

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
probe II gives me the same readings as cpu-z ... so if all else is true i was right in my assumption! (cpuz being right) :D
I do use speedfan, but i've never actually seen the vCore there :oops: i'll check tonight when i get home from work and post...
again, thanx a lot every1!

:trophy: for the help.