Looking for a router that has aliased domain blocking and allowing

johnnyHardware

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2008
[fixed]Hi, I have a DI-524 at the moment, and have for years, but now I need something it cannot give. I need to block all domains except ones in a list. Mine will do that, but the ones that I allow in my list do not include subdomains. For example, I want to deny all domains except www.lego.com. I can do that, but then lego relies on several subdomains such as cache.lego.com and shop.lego.com. There are others and I can't get them all for the configuration. This would be multiplied for each domain I access. I need something like *.lego.com or the like. It doesn't work for mine. I only need G, not N, so a cheaper one is okay. I run Wii, laptops, desktops, and XBOX Live.

Thank you for any help.[/fixed]

G

As an alternative to hardware you might look at using OpenDNS (Google their site) it's free.

johnnyHardware

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2008
Thanks. I'll look. I found after I posted I could just put in lego.com and it would take care of all the subdomains, but now I have another problem. I want to allow some computers full access and others restricted. I don't see how to do that with my di-524.