Heh. I bet it's not supposed to go this way...

"Collect Clockwork pistons." Get to the mission, go in, defeat two blue
foes... and there's the "box of parts" 30 yards inside the front hallway.
So I farm the Gears it spawns for a while, complete the Gearsmasher badge,
take out the "box" object... mission complete.

I swept the *other three floors* anyway, for the XP. Heh.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

Shenanigunner wrote:
> Heh. I bet it's not supposed to go this way...
>
> "Collect Clockwork pistons." Get to the mission, go in, defeat two
blue
> foes... and there's the "box of parts" 30 yards inside the front
hallway.
> So I farm the Gears it spawns for a while, complete the Gearsmasher
badge,
> take out the "box" object... mission complete.
>
> I swept the *other three floors* anyway, for the XP. Heh.

Yeah, I remember that mission. Weird that the objective is right by
the door.

I didn't even know there were other floors. :)

"Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I remember that mission. Weird that the objective is right by
> the door.
>
> I didn't even know there were other floors. :)

I wondered if it was a "tiny" mission like some - but I recall finding the
parts on at least the second floor, within range of the Prince boss. Huh.

I'll take it.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= RorShok: Level 15 Natural Scrapper, MA/SR, M =-
-= Always looking for reliable teammates - look me up! =-
-= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
-= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 21:57:36 -0000, Shenanigunner
<shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote:

>"Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Yeah, I remember that mission. Weird that the objective is right by
>> the door.
>>
>> I didn't even know there were other floors. :)
>
>I wondered if it was a "tiny" mission like some - but I recall finding the
>parts on at least the second floor, within range of the Prince boss. Huh.
>
>I'll take it.

The first time a buddy and I got one of those missions, we didn't
exactly clue in to the 'destroy the box' part. Must have been 50 of
those damn gears chasing us before we figured it out! :) Did get the
badge though.

<GeoTheCat> wrote in message
| On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 21:57:36 -0000, Shenanigunner
| <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote:
|
| >"Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> wrote:
| >> Yeah, I remember that mission. Weird that the objective is right by
| >> the door.
| >>
| >> I didn't even know there were other floors. :)
| >
| >I wondered if it was a "tiny" mission like some - but I recall finding
the
| >parts on at least the second floor, within range of the Prince boss. Huh.
| >
| >I'll take it.
|
| The first time a buddy and I got one of those missions, we didn't
| exactly clue in to the 'destroy the box' part. Must have been 50 of
| those damn gears chasing us before we figured it out! :) Did get the
| badge though.

First time I ran across this mission I had so many gears that my system
was lagging to near crash.

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 21:59:33 -0500, GeoTheCat scribed into the ether:

>On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 21:57:36 -0000, Shenanigunner
><shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote:
>
>>"Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Yeah, I remember that mission. Weird that the objective is right by
>>> the door.
>>>
>>> I didn't even know there were other floors. :)
>>
>>I wondered if it was a "tiny" mission like some - but I recall finding the
>>parts on at least the second floor, within range of the Prince boss. Huh.
>>
>>I'll take it.
>
>The first time a buddy and I got one of those missions, we didn't
>exactly clue in to the 'destroy the box' part. Must have been 50 of
>those damn gears chasing us before we figured it out! :) Did get the
>badge though.

I love gears, they are easily my favorite villian. Collect as many as
possible (in a large Synapse TF, this can be 15-20 if the timing on the
bosses dying works well), and then blast them all down with a single
attack. The huge row of damage numbers going up is worth it by itself, but
that's nothing compared to the joy of listening to 20 simultaneous
clockwork death animation sounds.

Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:
> I love gears, they are easily my favorite villian. Collect as many as
> possible (in a large Synapse TF, this can be 15-20 if the timing on
> the bosses dying works well), and then blast them all down with a
> single attack. The huge row of damage numbers going up is worth it by
> itself, but that's nothing compared to the joy of listening to 20
> simultaneous clockwork death animation sounds.

Some of the clock death sounds are priceless. I took out a Cog with a
final blow that knocked it off a ledge. My wife had to come see what made
that hilariously awful sound of crashing metal, even though she's used to
the odd noises from my side of the office.

The faint pipe-on-a-garage-floor kerbongbong when Cogs go down is funny,
too. For that matter, the Clock boss names are a hoot - I particularly
like the mouthfeel of "Kerang Chonk." And BadaBoom. Someone had fun
writing the Clock stuff.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= RorShok: Level 16 Natural Scrapper, MA/SR, M =-

"George Johnson" <matrix29@voyager.net> wrote:
> First time I ran across this mission I had so many gears that my
> system was lagging to near crash.

Well, jeez, if you computer still has gears I'm surprised it will run CoH!

:p

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= RorShok: Level 16 Natural Scrapper, MA/SR, M =-
-= Always looking for reliable teammates - look me up! =-
-= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
-= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-

Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@nodgathspam.kom> wrote:
>"George Johnson" <matrix29@voyager.net> wrote:
>> First time I ran across this mission I had so many gears that my
>> system was lagging to near crash.
>
>Well, jeez, if you computer still has gears I'm surprised it will run CoH!
>
>:p

Nah, you just gotta get the beta nVidia drivers for the Babbage
Difference Engine platform. Once you have those installed, it runs just
fine. :)

-R

--
Rob Wynne / The Autographed Cat / doc@america.net