desktop background image

How do you delete a desktop background image that was added to the list of
available images from the control panel via browising? It seems impossible
and the list just gets larger and larger.
3 answers Last reply
More about desktop background image

    Look under "your use name" documents/my pictures
    delete what you dont like
    peterk

    the problem
    "Gregg Irvin" <Gregg Irvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How do you delete a desktop background image that was added to the list of
    > available images from the control panel via browising? It seems
    > impossible
    > and the list just gets larger and larger.

    For the Display Properties Background tab, Windows XP fetches the image
    files from the following locations:

    BMP Files from %Systemroot% folder. This is usually C:\Windows

    BMP, JPG, GIF, JPE, DIB, PNG, HTM files from the following locations:

    a.. %Systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper
    b.. %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Pictures (& sub-folders)
    c.. %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
    d.. %ProgramFiles%\Plus!\Themes (& sub-folders)
    If you want to clear a file from that list, move the file away from the
    above locations. Type the above paths in Start, Run dialog.
    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com

    "Gregg Irvin" <Gregg Irvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How do you delete a desktop background image that was added to the list of
    > available images from the control panel via browising? It seems
    > impossible
    > and the list just gets larger and larger.

    Start>Search>Files and Filders>type WALLPAPER and click OK
    Now when it shows a yellow folder icon with wallpaper after it,
    doubleclick it. Now you'll see most of your background images (wallpaper)
    on your PC and you can rightclick and delete to your hearts content.
    Ramesh has indicated some more places to look.
    --
    Some days you're the windshield,
    some days you're the bug.

    "Gregg Irvin" wrote:

    > How do you delete a desktop background image that was added to the list of
    > available images from the control panel via browising? It seems impossible
    > and the list just gets larger and larger.

Control Panel Desktops Microsoft Windows XP