desktop background image

June 14, 2005 7:41:04 PM

How do you delete a desktop background image that was added to the list of
available images from the control panel via browising? It seems impossible
and the list just gets larger and larger.
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 9:58:18 PM

Look under "your use name" documents/my pictures
delete what you dont like
peterk

the problem
"Gregg Irvin" <Gregg Irvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you delete a desktop background image that was added to the list of
> available images from the control panel via browising? It seems
> impossible
> and the list just gets larger and larger.
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 2:12:11 PM

For the Display Properties Background tab, Windows XP fetches the image
files from the following locations:

BMP Files from %Systemroot% folder. This is usually C:\Windows

BMP, JPG, GIF, JPE, DIB, PNG, HTM files from the following locations:

a.. %Systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper
b.. %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Pictures (& sub-folders)
c.. %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
d.. %ProgramFiles%\Plus!\Themes (& sub-folders)
If you want to clear a file from that list, move the file away from the
above locations. Type the above paths in Start, Run dialog.
--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...

"Gregg Irvin" <Gregg Irvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you delete a desktop background image that was added to the list of
> available images from the control panel via browising? It seems
> impossible
> and the list just gets larger and larger.
June 16, 2005 7:36:01 PM

Start>Search>Files and Filders>type WALLPAPER and click OK
Now when it shows a yellow folder icon with wallpaper after it,
doubleclick it. Now you'll see most of your background images (wallpaper)
on your PC and you can rightclick and delete to your hearts content.
Ramesh has indicated some more places to look.
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

!