Seasonic S12 Energy plus 550W in antec P180.

tronic

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
OK, I just purchased this case and i'm considering this PSU.

Seasonic S12

Antec P180

Should I mount the PSU upside down with the fan facing upward so the case fan can blow hot air out more efficiently or should I mount it with the fan facing down? I don't think it will really matter either way but I was just wondering what would be better and if it was okay to even mount them upside down. Can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be, but whatever.

thanks.

tronic

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
guess you didn't read what I said.

Its a quality case and a quality PSU. I know what the fans on the case do. I'm talking about the orientation of the PSU. Better airflow with fan facing up or down? simple question.

ThunderChunky

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
Not to mention the fact that in the P180 the PSU is in a lower chamber...no where near the exhaust fans.

If the PSU fan doesn't have any space to suck in air, then I would try flipping it upside down. You just need a small gap for the fan to be able to suck.

tronic

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
actually there is a fan blowing right onto the PSU and out the back of the case. Not an exhaust fan per se, but its a fan.

there are gaps on all sides of the psu too.

billdcat4

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
actually there is a fan blowing right onto the PSU and out the back of the case. Not an exhaust fan per se, but its a fan.

there are gaps on all sides of the psu too.

Skyguy has that same case with the 650w PSU version. PM him for help or read his cable management thread here:
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=226954&highlight=

stefx

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006
IIRC, when I installed my S12 Energy+ in my P180 I had the PSU fan down. There is a gap all around, plus you have the PSU tunnel fan pushing air toward the PSU.