Windows 7 Update error 0x800b0100

welchs101

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
I have a windows 7 x64 system. I have the operating system disks if needed.

Problem: When i try to do updates it appears to start then fails. Gives me the following error
TRUST_E_NOSIGNATURE 0X800B0100

Tried thus far:
I tried downloading and installing the KB947821 which is the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 (KB947821). It ran and i pressed closed when it ended.................did not help. i ran update again and got same error

I turned off all firewalls and virus protection and tried update again..............still same error.

I down loaded KB2524375, which is the update that fails, and tried to install manually and this manual install fails.

Please help..........no idea what to try next

MrBig55

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
Found a thread on it on the web:
http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/152795-cant-install-win7-sp1-x64-kb976932.html

A solution has been given:
First of all, have you downloaded and installed all the important updates before trying to get SP1?

Second, unplug any USB devices (printer, external drives, etc) and clean out all temporary files.

What Anti-virus are you running? I found that those with a 'webguard' do cause a problem.
The guy having that problem solved it that way:
... After the last attempt I had to check and repair the file system, which took *hours* and then I ran the install disk to repair the startup sequence which had apparently also been corrupted ...

... OK, I've backed up my system after doing all the repairs and decided to try again. I had done the deletions in the two folders in Windows. I think turned the system off, removed all the USB devices (3) and then turned off the Virus protection (Trend Micro) and am trying it again.

[It's now an hour later.]

It appears to have finally updated to SP1 ...
That is full of sense. A service pack update did mess sometimes when I updated my various machines overtime. Always backup your computer with Windows Backup before doing that! (Ahem I never do that since I totally disable that service o-O) Maybe the update detected you didn't backed up yet (looks like startrek... a software capable of some intelligence...) or it could be related to USB ports or temp folders... Whatever it worked for this guy so you could give it a try: it's free and MAY solve your problem.

To clean all your temp files correctly, use CCleaner:
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

welchs101

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
area51open, i am not sure what you want me to try exactly.

"Have i downloaded all the important updates prior to sp1"? How do i verify this? All i know is what when i check for updates it says i have two important ones to do...........i try to do those important updates and it fails. I think one of the improtant updates is this SP1.

There are no devices connected to the usb ports except the mouse and keyboard.

I am also running trend micro antivirus.

NOt sure what this means so i am not sure what to do
"After the last attempt I had to check and repair the file system, which took *hours* and then I ran the install disk to repair the startup sequence which had apparently also been corrupted ... "

"I had done the deletions in the two folders in Windows." what deletions are these?