Sign in with
Your question

2900XT vs 8800GTS compared in terms of cars

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 20, 2007 8:47:02 PM

I don't think people understand how horrible this card is from a proper perspective. Hopefully, an analogy will clear things up.

A BMW 8800GTS640 is a high end hybrid car that gets 63.5 MPG on the highway and 26.5 MPG in the city. It costs $35,000

A Mercedes 2900XT is a high end hybrid car that gets 58 MPG on the highway and 17.5 MPG in the city. It costs $43,000

Both obviously get great MPG on the highway, but then again, most cars do. However, handling day to day driving (which is one of the main reasons you buy a car in the first place), the BMW clearly acts as a high end hybrid, while the Mercedes does not, which is pretty much the difference between the two. The BMW is a high performance car all around, while the Mercedes is a hamstrung mediocre car at a high performance price; WAY higher, in fact, than the BMW!

If these were 2 actual cars, why in the world would you buy the Mercedes over the BMW?

Now... the fun part. How did I get these numbers? The pricetag for the cars reflects the price of each card + the hundredths place ($349.99 + hundredths = $35,000... $429.99 = $43,000). I took the 2 most purchased cards from each category off Newegg for the baseline price. The "MPG" I got by taking the PREY benchmarks and dividing them in half for 1280x1024 with and without eyecandy from the recent tweaktown article with updated ATI drivers....

So really... it's a great correlation from a different perspective that is not fanboy based to take a look at the price vs/performance...
a b U Graphics card
June 20, 2007 8:51:59 PM

Quote:
I don't think people understand how horrible this card is from a proper perspective. Hopefully, an analogy will clear things up.

A BMW 8800GTS640 is a high end hybrid car that gets 63.5 MPG on the highway and 26.5 MPG in the city. It costs $35,000

A Mercedes 2900XT is a high end hybrid car that gets 58 MPG on the highway and 17.5 MPG in the city. It costs $43,000

Both obviously get great MPG on the highway, but then again, most cars do. However, handling day to day driving (which is one of the main reasons you buy a car in the first place), the BMW clearly acts as a high end hybrid, while the Mercedes does not, which is pretty much the difference between the two. The BMW is a high performance car all around, while the Mercedes is a hamstrung mediocre car at a high performance price; WAY higher, in fact, than the BMW!

If these were 2 actual cars, why in the world would you buy the Mercedes over the BMW?

Now... the fun part. How did I get these numbers? The pricetag for the cars reflects the price of each card + the hundredths place ($349.99 + hundredths = $35,000... $429.99 = $43,000). I took the 2 most purchased cards from each category off Newegg for the baseline price. The "MPG" I got by taking the PREY benchmarks and dividing them in half for 1280x1024 with and without eyecandy from the recent tweaktown article with updated ATI drivers....

So really... it's a great correlation from a different perspective that is not fanboy based to take a look at the price vs/performance...

I could have had a BMW 8800? And to think I just bought a turbo charged Mazda CX7 last week.
June 20, 2007 9:06:08 PM

This is rather unoriginal...

Give it up Phrozt, you bought the losing card and now you are having a tantrum and throwing all your collectible figurines around your room in your parents basement where you have lived for 30 years. Give it up.

Go on do the traditional american thing to do, march down to ATI and start shooting up their offices.

HOW DARE ATI USE ELECTRICITY!

How dare you use food...

Oh, yes, EVERYTHING you do is based on price versus performance. Somehow i doubt you will use $200 on electricity for your pc in a year.

ROFFLMFAO.
Related resources
June 20, 2007 9:10:17 PM

Unoriginal? I've never seen someone make a comparison like this... ever.

I'm officially convinced after your last post that you're missing a chromosome or 3.
June 20, 2007 9:12:26 PM

lol you just stop will you till everyone on this forum agrees to every word you say.

news flash...people have their own choices and own reasons for picking a card. stop forcing the same info down their throat every week with a twist.
June 20, 2007 9:15:14 PM

Quote:
lol you just stop will you till everyone on this forum agrees to every word you say.

news flash...people have their own choices and own reasons for picking a card. stop forcing the same info down their throat every week with a twist.

I agree with you!

Some choose a card because they are fanboys.
Some choose a card because it's better performance for price.

I chose the latter. You're perfectly right in saying that people will choose whatever they want to, I was just trying to paint a picture for the handful of people that come to this forum w/out really knowing what's going on and tend to get swayed by fanboys rather than facts.
June 20, 2007 9:18:14 PM

fair enough, but i still think this is gonna be another flame war thread :lol: 
June 20, 2007 9:21:35 PM

I MADE THIS COMPARISON DUMBASS.

Wankel engine vs Traditional combustion engine, IOW Rx8 versus Ford Pickup. You are as fast as mud, you know that? And it is not even sliding down a hill.
June 20, 2007 9:46:56 PM

F'ing useless. Just like both of those cards are going to be once some real DX10 games come out.
June 20, 2007 10:00:31 PM

Everything is relative

In Finland the cheapest:
- 8800GTS640 is 347€ (451$)
- 2900Xt is 372€ (484$)

So no big difference in here... 25€ (about 32.5$)
If we compare middle prices the picture is totally different... http://www.mbnet.fi/hintaseuranta/kori.aspx?lisaa=52069

All 8800GTS640: http://www.mbnet.fi/hintaseuranta/haku.aspx?Hakusana=8800+GTS+640&Kategoria=&Alaraja=0&Ylaraja=&hae=+Hae+&jarjestys=0
All 2900XT: http://www.mbnet.fi/hintaseuranta/haku.aspx?Hakusana=2900+XT&Kategoria=&Alaraja=0&Ylaraja=&hae=+Hae+&jarjestys=0
There seems to be guite huge variation of prices in all around the world... I mean relative prises...

I would like to know how much it is elsewhere. German? UK?
Japan?

The difference seems to be 81$ is USA? The GTS seem to be relatively cheap in there...
June 20, 2007 10:34:32 PM

I don't think they will be COMPLETELY useless. They might still be okay, but there is always a bigger fish.

The whole point of dx is not to suck your performance away, but to get the hardware doing more for less work. So they might be *really* good. DX10 is more efficient at handling many many many simple objects. So it will make running crysis on dx10 easier on the card than in dx9 mode cause of all the leaves (imo i think they look a bit crappy but we will see). But if crysis is anything like farcry was then i think the next wave of cards are going to have to kick ASS.

Anyway, so far in crysis you can see all the edges and how they did everything. So it will be cool but not as cool as they always say it will be.
June 20, 2007 10:36:31 PM

honest to god why are people still crying over the HD2900XT...

yes it was delayed, yes it cant go against the GTX boo freakin hoo..

3-4 months its going to be outdated along with the whole 8xxxx series anyways..

give it a damn break already...

1st it was OH SNAP ITS BEATING THE GTX and all the Nvid people were like Dude its 3dMark it means shit, then the scores got lower and he GTX was closer to it and people went LOL its a POS; ironicly saying 3dMark mean something..*side note i hate 3dsMark it proves nothing except for how big your e-peen is.

with just 1 new driver release the HD2900XT goes against the 8800GTS quite well imo and in some games gets close to GTX speeds, its something other then nvid and brings competition...yes it needs more power and runs hotter but most PC gamers have a 500+watt PSU anyways...

give it a god damn break already, every day there is a HD2900 IS A FLOP!1111oneoneeleven post and its kinda retarded...

The HD2900XT IS NOT A FLOP, for the price it is not a GTX contender but a GTS.

oh yea and i sadly doubt the 1gig version will help, but then again i could be wrong it might need 1gig of memory to shine with the 512bit bust....but for now im going to wait for drivers.
June 20, 2007 10:39:54 PM

It is not a flop, it is not amazing, it is not nVidia, it is not going to stop me buying it. :)  I don't think the 1 gig version will be much better cause of the 1 gig, but it is gddr4 and that is the point of it. the 512 extra is just icing. if they had a 512 with gddr4 yet i would get that.
a b U Graphics card
June 20, 2007 10:47:28 PM

Quote:
honest to god why are people still crying over the HD2900XT...

I'm still mad about the $380 I paid for my 5900 Ultra Mercedes.
June 20, 2007 11:42:02 PM

Wait. BMW and Mercedes make hybrids??? And are you saying that a hybrid gets better mileage on the highway than in the city? You definitely want to reconsider that.

And finally you are saying that a BMW is a high performance car while the Benz is not? Are you crasy? No seriously are you? I have three letters for you SLR.
June 20, 2007 11:57:33 PM

id buy the Mercedes cuz u said it was the ati card an i dont like the nvidia crap
June 21, 2007 12:34:40 AM

We (well most of us, anyways) aren't stupid, and we know how to read benchmarks.

Besides, the HD 2900XT isn't the "OMGWTF THIS F*CKING SUCKS!!!11!" card you make it out to be...
a b U Graphics card
June 21, 2007 1:05:43 AM

Quote:

Ahh, what a bunch of crap...my Jetta TDI get's 45mpg whether I drive city or highway, is based on proven technology, costs less to run, costs less to maintain, and only costs $21,500!!!!

What does this have to do with your analogy? Absolutely nothing?

What is the point of this thread? To increase my post count!

+1 for me muthafu*kas!

Give it up Phrozt...you and this lame a$$ thread!
June 21, 2007 1:35:15 AM

Quote:

June 21, 2007 2:26:44 AM

Actually the two cards now are cars without fuel injection systems and safety standards. These DX10 cards are basically going to be the "low-end" of the DX10 series one day.
June 21, 2007 2:57:01 AM

Quote:
The HD2900XT IS NOT A FLOP, for the price it is not a GTX contender but a GTS.

In real world game testing it can't keep up with the 8800 GTS even with the new drivers. :roll:

Who really cares if the HD2900XT is faster at low resolutions with no AA/AF? The whole point in buying a high end card is to enable all the visual effects to get the best visual experience possible without any lag. Or do people now just buy high end cards to go 'Oh look! I get 200 FPS instead of 100 FPS now at 1024x768 with no AA/AF!'? :lol: 

You're looking at something that performs worse than an 8800 GTS. It was released seven months later than the GTS. It uses as much power, if not more, than the 8800 Ultra.
June 21, 2007 3:03:07 AM

LOUD NOISES.

This is my contribution to this thread.
June 21, 2007 3:11:46 AM

Quote:

I like my BMW 8800 320 gets the same MPG as the BMW 8800 640 but its got a smaller fuel tank and it only costs $27,000
June 21, 2007 2:10:07 PM

I used BMW and Mercedes because they were two high end companies like nVidia and ATI(AMD).

I dunno.. I thought the analogy made sense, but then again, I'm trying to present it to people who look at numbers and see whatever they want to, so I guess nothing would help quell their idiocy.

Soooo.... I'll just stick w/my statement that I've made several times already.

For the performance, the 2900xt should not be priced above $250 USD. It doesn't act like a high end card, so it shouldn't be priced as one. No one would buy a Ferrari that tops out at 65 MPH
June 21, 2007 4:41:13 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:
June 21, 2007 7:27:37 PM

Yup, he is a tard, isn't he.
June 21, 2007 7:47:32 PM

Quote:
I know, I'm starting to miss Rob too. :lol: 
June 21, 2007 8:02:05 PM

Rabid, I'm afraid I've found your intellectual equivalent:

June 21, 2007 8:06:54 PM

Quote:
id buy the Mercedes cuz u said it was the ati card an i dont like the nvidia crap

I have an ATI card and I gotta say every single time I update my drivers I have to prepare myself for a host of possible glitches such as, BSOD, Tuner card not working, unable to install a portion, games not working etc...

I gladly made the change to nVidia with my new rig. I can't say ATI wasnt a performer, but that performance took alot of maintainence, which in the end took alot of time. I'm not a big fan of either, had the 2900xt performed I would have gotten that and just lived with the pain that comes with ATI. I think its the canadian nationalists that are the fanboys here, as it seems that canada=good and america=bad in terms of technology.

There, now you've all got an entirely new thing to flame about.
June 21, 2007 9:48:45 PM

First of all Mercedes Cars arent what they used to be quality wise and BMW's have improved.

Anyway wtf has a computer component got to do with cars 8O

Just another person justifying weather they got a ATI or a Nvidia to buy

Fact NVIDIA 8800GTX was out 8 months before ATI

NVIDIA is an impressive tool and by what it seems ATI so far with the right drivers is almost as impressive for the price..

ok if your gonna compare real world stuff with some peoples fantasy uber video card ... say the nvidia is a chocolate twix and a ati is a mars bar - both have chocolate in it, taste different but the end result is the same...............you get fatter.

I got a 8800GTX when they first came out in November last year - one of the first in the UK ( a reference Gainward I hasten to add ) drivers for vista didnt work properly till atleast March, everyone bitching about no SLI VISTA drivers yet. Let them get single ones working first ffs . and still waiting for a decent direct X 10 game. so was i insane then - proberly but it felt good to have the latest greatest which many ati fanboys are not feeling the same leap that Nvidia had.

Yes ATI is a good card and i hope theyre will always been a choice ... im not a fanboy but i prefer twix thats all.

Well done Nvidia, well done ATI and well done Intel

Now lets have the games to play on them that actually use the hardware we got...... ps there was still life in DX9 games as ps3/xbox 360 is still using simular technology - xbox 360 has still to be pushed yet on what ever generation of game theyre on but then again consoles dont impress me much anyway mmm £400 console or £1200 pc. At least u can play the pc without hogging the telly.......
June 21, 2007 11:06:01 PM

I didn't want to lend any credibility to this lame a$$ pointless thread with any sort of constructive post, but BMW's haven't gotten better. A new consumer report released this year listed them as having one of the worst resale values of all car manufacturers. You're right though, Mercedes aren't what they used to be.
June 21, 2007 11:06:49 PM

Quote:
I know, I'm starting to miss Rob too. :lol: 

:lol: 
June 22, 2007 2:34:30 AM

Wow, you are quite a wit, or at least half of one...

James bond says it best.

Dude seriously you can poke at me all i want but i am not going to care, and as you can see no one here thinks your posts are worth shit.

The 2900 is good and it is good for cheap compared to the 8800 gtx, and as far as i know the only place that the 8800 seems to be worth it is america, and since america is a small part of earth i would say that the 2900 is the winner here. So call me names all you want and be cross with me that i buy radeon, but your opinion is not going to make your 300 bit card better than the 512 bit one i am getting and the price i am getting it for will stay lower than that of the GTX by half or in some cases more than half. Economically the 2900 is better than the 8800 and the 8800 only wins in the open gl arena that has NOTHING to do with the whole reason for these cards existing. I admit that nVidia will will when the next open gl comes out (id is apparently developing it.) Then you can talk, but even then the difference in the cards will be minimal and i still think that in a financial fight between id and microsoft id might not do so well. So this fight was over before it started, microsoft chose ATI. Microsh*t has much money. They support ATI....
June 22, 2007 2:38:53 AM

Yup, Mercedes has been going downhill ever since they said that they 'over' engineer their cars. Last I checked more design scrutiny was a good thing.

Oh, and BMW drivers drive like d1ck h34d5.
June 22, 2007 3:49:18 AM

Quote:
Wow, you are quite a wit, or at least half of one...

James bond says it best.

Dude seriously you can poke at me all i want but i am not going to care, and as you can see no one here thinks your posts are worth ****.

The 2900 is good and it is good for cheap compared to the 8800 gtx, and as far as i know the only place that the 8800 seems to be worth it is america, and since america is a small part of earth i would say that the 2900 is the winner here. So call me names all you want and be cross with me that i buy radeon, but your opinion is not going to make your 300 bit card better than the 512 bit one i am getting and the price i am getting it for will stay lower than that of the GTX by half or in some cases more than half. Economically the 2900 is better than the 8800 and the 8800 only wins in the open gl arena that has NOTHING to do with the whole reason for these cards existing. I admit that nVidia will will when the next open gl comes out (id is apparently developing it.) Then you can talk, but even then the difference in the cards will be minimal and i still think that in a financial fight between id and microsoft id might not do so well. So this fight was over before it started, microsoft chose ATI. Microsh*t has much money. They support ATI....

I dont get it? Are you saying the 2900xt is as good as the gtx? because its not, especially when AA is involved. If you're refering the the gts its the same story, 2900xt+AA=terrrible FPS. In the future with enough driver releases it might compete better, but for now it isnt a good purchase in either case. Recently the 8800gts 320 was shown to beat the 2900xt on hardocp here and it costs significantly less than the 2900xt. The 8800gts 320 costs £176.24 inc VAT according to overclockers.co.uk while the 2900xt costs £234.99 inc VAT. In dollars thats an 117.06 USD difference. To go a step further, you could buy the 640mb gts for £229.11 inc VAT.

So in the end you can spend more on an inferior card that might offer close performance with AA enabled or go with a cheaper, proven card that is actually £5.00 cheaper than the 2900xt (640mb gts=229.11, 2900xt=234.99). Or save 58.75 and get the 320mb 8800 version.

Case and point, you're incorrect about every single assertion you have made. The 2900xt is NOT cheaper than the gts series, and does NOT perform better than the gts series with AA enabled.
June 22, 2007 4:04:17 AM

Quote:
Yup, Mercedes has been going downhill ever since they said that they 'over' engineer their cars. Last I checked more design scrutiny was a good thing.

Oh, and BMW drivers drive like d1ck h34d5.

Most luxury car drivers only keep their cars 3 years. During those 3 years you are completely covered under warranty of virtually anything, even cup holders, breaking. The resale value is so low because of this fact, and each year the market is flooded with 3-5 year old bmw's most of the market cannot afford to maintain. The same is with all German luxury cars and luxury cars in general. BMW is a victim of its own success in regards to its resale value, one that is so low because its customers will buy a new one each new model release. It’s the same reason dodge caravans' resale for so little.

The driving factor in all of this is that demand for luxury cars is high for those who can afford it and low for those who can't. So the resale value will reflect what the market can and will spend. Companies with a trusted record of reliability (Lexus) will resale higher but only as much as the market will allow, thus, a Lexus uber vs. a bmw uber will be roughly the same price with the Lexus pulling an extra 5-7.5k premium due to its remarkable longevity and low maintenance.

Care to actually say something true? Or are you just going to spread FUD BS around like and inteliot? (Re: centrino FUD marketing strategy)

P.S. You just insulted friends and family of mine by that over generalized comment referring to BMW drivers. If you don't like people who can afford such cars, keep it to yourself. Just like most of what you say, nobody cares. If you're going to criticize drivers there are plenty of stereotypes to choose from with a hell of allot more merit than yours.
June 22, 2007 4:16:38 AM

It might not be as good but it is quite a bit cheaper, and in case you have never seen 1600*1200 you dont need aa here imo. Just wait a while the 8800 has a 6 month advantage and the ATI is capable of WAY more than it is currently showing. This is only the second lot of drivers (or third). Just wait, and why cant you lot understand that this card is meant to compete with the gts not the gtx, yet it is capable of beating the gtx. The xtx is still on it's way. I know in price/ performance it is not as good as the gts but that is cause it can keep up to the gtx take a look at the benchmarks. Also it is BRAND new. the GTS was this price when it came out. This card has more potential than the nvidia. is has a 512 bus speed that you can see is not being used effectively. Just wait and flame me AFTER it has fucked up after 6 months, it has been here for like 4 weeks. So until it has completely flopped on proper stable drives cram a ham in it. You will likely not acknowledge that it is capable of more even after it has proven as good and if you do you will say that it was slow in the beginning. This arguement is going nowhere ATi fans will not go to nvidia and vice versa. I acknowledge that the 8800 is the fastest card right now. IT has been so for 6 months. I see that the ATI potentially will have more power for longer, and i see megatextures approaching. Thus i am buying a 1024mb version. Shout at me, say yours is better, i dont care, cause your card wont be in my pc. if i fuck up, my fault but you dont use my computer, you dont make my decisions so hey, you wont move me and i wont move you. I am getting it if i am wrong then i am wrong but if i am right then i am right and my card will last a year or two. And for every report so far this thing overclocks on air better than the 8800 on water. Therefore it will last me longer. So hey, it might be worse but that wont stop me. I am willing to risk it.

Aggressive people tend to own BMWs. and agressive people tend to be assholes. Is it my fault your family are a bunch of wankers? Calling a dick a dick is not being unkind or insulting. You wanted truth. Statistically BMW drivers drive faster and in a less friendly manner than anyone else, so if your family is full of assholes then it is not my fault that you get offended when someone who you don't even know identifies them for what they are.

This argument is over 2 piece of silicon and copper. well i am buying the red one and your asshole family can hate me for it and cut me off all the time on the highway but when you crash and burn i will be laughing.

Oh no, the scary internet user just told you your family sucks, how dare he. Grow up dude this is a fucking internet site, no ones opinion here matters. Not even the great grape ape's, though he is a LOT better informed than us. So you should listen when he says that the ATI is NOT complete crap, but it still won't matter.
June 22, 2007 9:12:05 AM

You're the one taking it to another level. These forums aren't for personal insults. My second eldest brother who owns a bimmer is not a dick when he drives, nor is he in person. Like I already stated your reasons and arguments are self defeating and groundless. You state BMW owners drive like dicks because they are more aggressive, you even go so far as to say its statistically backed up. Where do you reference this? Why dont insurance companies charge bimmer owners more? They don't because its the F%$%$ driver behind the wheel being a dick, regardless of the make/model of the vehicle he/she is behind.

Secondly, for the record I dont give a flying function about what card you buy, i was stating for the benefit of others that they don't follow your incorrect and misleading comments. You already state one performs better, is more cost effective, and thus is the better one to buy. What baffles me is you actually use this as some kind of warped reasoning to buy the more expensive, weaker performing, and less of a value card!?!?!

You're own comments make you a moron, theres nothing I can do to fix that. Anyone can see you're being a prick by insulting me personally when i simply provide information that actually backs up what i'm saying. You provide heresay and false impressions regarding a certain product you feel is somehow "better" than the competition even though nothing backs it up. And for the record, I DO PLAY at 1600x1050 and AA is absolutely necessary. Have you never played stalker or any direct x game? FFS man, nothing you say is even partially correct, you're wrong on so many levels i'm going to end this comment here, and reftrain from commenting on any of your further malicious, personal and senseless attacks.
June 22, 2007 12:35:46 PM

Oh shit no. how terrible. I am going off to care about what you said. BMW's are for dicks, even jeremy clarkson thinks so.

AA hardly matters at all at 1600, AF does, listen to what i say before you jump on it. Dumbarse.
June 22, 2007 12:44:33 PM

I NEVER said is was more cost effective i said it was NOT a piece of crap. I said the 8800 gts was the most cost effective. However this is faster than the gts. Just wait till this card can shine and then get off your high horse when you see that 300 < 500bit. Yes NOW it is not great but it is going to get better, last time i dais this everyone said i was talking bullshit too, but then what happened? IT got better. Stick to nVidia if you want, but you will have the slower card. Also i dont see any nVidia physics do you?
June 22, 2007 12:55:59 PM

AMDZone has great reviews in literally endorsing the 8800 series with scores of 95 and above (out of 100). The entire front page is filled with Nvidia card reviews.

Of course, their AMD partners still hasn't even supplied a 2900 XT to review while the Nvidia partners have given them cards to review.
June 22, 2007 1:18:06 PM

Quote:
BMW's are for dicks, even jeremy clarkson thinks so.

Naaah mate... he wrote "Cocks buy porsches", cause he thinks its a "Jumped up Volkswagen beetle" (that was the cut-down.

Clarkson likes certain BMW's. Look at the Top Gear episodes of the M5 and M6... he loved them! Doesn't like the Z3, Z4 convertable (liked the coupe) or Z8. But he dislikes them for their lack of soul, and German engineering sterility... not because of the other drivers.

Not to jump in there... but I'm not having Clarkson misquoted...
June 22, 2007 6:01:48 PM

hey phrozt, are you a girl, because you seem to be on your rag about the HD2900XT. did ati rape you when you were a kid or something, because you cant seem to let this go. reading what you write is like watching fox news, its full of stupid comparisons and opinions that are not based in facts. stop being stupid and learn the facts. yes, in the us the card is over priced, but look out side of here and youll see that its almost as much as the 8800, and considering that the card is faster than the 8800 320 and 640, it makes it a better buy. Yes, it does use a lot of power and produce a lot of heat, but so does the 8800. power dosent really matter, its the heat. if you can afford a mid to high end card, the you can afford a psu that can handel it. now for the heat, unless you plan to overclock, then heat wont be an issue. almost all of the cards heat is pushed out the back of the pc anyway, so what does it matter. so, if you can afford to buy a mid to high end card, then you can afford to run the air in your house. given that the card was hyped way too much and dident deliver, but it wasent amd hype, it was us, the consumers. there are many good things about the card, and some bad. its funny because ati is in the same place that nvidia was a few years back. last, stop saying that the 2900 was supposed to compete witht he gtx, it wasent. there is a reason the cards have different names from the manfuactures. the 2900"xt" is not ati's high end card, so why would you compair it to nvidias high end card.
June 22, 2007 6:53:22 PM

Quote:
M5 and M6...

Yup sorry forgot about those.

Personally I think the only cars worth getting are the ARIEL atom and the Noble M15.

Quote:
did ati rape you when you were a kid or something

ROFLMFAO hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

:lol: 

XD !
June 22, 2007 7:10:45 PM

Wow... you're mildly retarted.

IT DOESN'T MATTER... why would you take it personally when other people waste their money? Some people were buying Prescotts a few years ago, some people bought Geforce 5800s...

There's nothing wrong with that. Now get a box of tissues and wipe the snot from your nose.
June 22, 2007 7:34:31 PM

the m5 is a beast of a car. ive seen a couple on the road, and they dont look special, but i know whats under the hood. i saw it at first and thought, thats a big sadan, until i saw the m5 logo.
June 22, 2007 8:26:08 PM

Is that the one with cardboard in the boot to lose weight? and basically a skimp show on everything else?

Lookout, the scary nerd is rating posts with ONLY 1 STAR, OMFG how terrible! I am so insulted. The hd2900 here is R4000 the 8800gts 312 is R4200. Now which am i going to choose? lets see. Oh and the 8800 superclocked ultra is R10000 so somehow i think it better get the 8800gts, what an enlightened idea. You know, *enlightened*, like your skull became after that headwound.

This is not aimed at he reply i clicked.
June 22, 2007 8:36:35 PM

Quote:

You suck.
Prey sucks.
Tesselation rocks.
Ati ftw.

I know, I know, my post is quite retarded so far, but what did you expect in a thread this retarded?
June 22, 2007 8:48:05 PM

Actually the 2900XT is the highest end card for AMD for the rest of this year. There's no XTX since its already late June and not even one mention of the XTX being resurrected.
June 23, 2007 12:40:10 PM

No way.... :( 

We will see i hope they release it. Unless the 1024 gddr4 one is the 'xtx'
!