Accidentally deleted printer drivers in XP

G

We have a Compaq Presario. A while back, my husband was using a software to improve preformance and was deleting files that supposedly were not needed on our system. Ever since then, we have had nothing but problems. Every time I turn around, there are important files that XP needs that are missing. We cannot even run the Restore disk that came with the Compaq, without errors. I think he deleted the restore folders that are associated with the disk. Regular pulg and play devices cannot find the drivers. When I go to the manufacturer website, they say that Windows XP will automatically find the driver but since he deleted them, there is no manufacturers list at all, and of course no drivers either. Help:(

G

There are no yellow conflicts in the device manager. I have already been to HP's website and this is what they say for Windows XP

"The driver solution for this product is included in your Windows XP operating system and is already on your computer. There is no need to download anything. Follow the steps below to quickly and easily get your product working with Windows XP."

The problem is they were all deleted from the operating system, a long time ago....

Thanks for trying though. :)

G

I don't recall the exact wording but I recall that it said it failed and to contact Compac technical support. I was trying to restore everything to factory defaults, at that point, since I knew that would be the only real fix. I just assumed that the files the disk needed to do the restore were probably also deleted that dreadful night. So I'm stumpted. I guess I have to resort to contacting Compaq next.