activation XP Pro

I have a PC that my old company gave me with XP on it, I was trying to
install Photo Story3 and the site did a genuine Windows validation and it
came back with the key is on MS do not use list. I have a new PK from the
same company but when I try to run the activation it is saying (alraedy
activation) How can I replace the bad PK with the good one I have?
2 answers Last reply
More about activation

    Try Magical Jellybean http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/keyfinder.exe
    Run the app and go to Options->Change Key. When finished reboot. Be advise
    that if the new Product Key is not for the same version of XP as that
    currently on the system then it will not be accepted.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    In news:BBFD6F8A-80DB-49FA-B56E-E39E1B7E3171@microsoft.com,
    Wil <Wil@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > I have a PC that my old company gave me with XP on it, I was trying to
    > install Photo Story3 and the site did a genuine Windows validation
    > and it came back with the key is on MS do not use list. I have a new
    > PK from the same company but when I try to run the activation it is
    > saying (alraedy activation) How can I replace the bad PK with the
    > good one I have?

    There are applications to do it but this is an effective way:

    How to change the Windows XP Product Activation Key Code:
    http://labmice.techtarget.com/windowsxp/articles/changeID.htm

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

Photo Microsoft Windows XP