I still have not decided on power supply, I might need more powerful supply because of X1950XT. My budget is about 800$ more or less. I do play games but mostly at lower resolution (1280x1024) but i do like to have at least medium quality on with AA on.
If you have any suggestion or something i could do better, please post
Thanks for the reply. I was considering X1950Pro but X1950XT price just came down a lot so performance/price is great for that card , so I chose it instead, though I may as well go with X1950Pro is cooler and doesn't drain as much power as X1950XT. I don't wont to go with nvidia becuse ati's 1950's series outperforms Nvidia's 79xx cards and 88xx cards are out of my price range. And I do not want to go lower than 1950's series, because I want to be able to play new games as well with reasonable details.
I don't know about c2d. What motherboard would you need? I know c2d better than athlon in upper ranges but athlon is still good buy at lower end, that's why I went with Athlon 64 X2 4800 (65nm) but i was also considering Athlon 64 X2 5400 90nm version, which is only about 20$ more. However, I am kind of confused about intel offerings; there are so many version and the one's in my price range since to be underclocked. I looked in cpu charts and X2 4800 performs similarly to E6400 in some benches and difference in other is not that large
X2 4800- 125$
E6400- 187 $
I don't know if that little difference is worth almost 70$. If I am wrong just correct me, I just write what I saw.
As for the processor, I will probably wait for July 22 price cuts and see than but as of right now, I think I will still get X2 4800. There are few reasons for this, E6600 is only worth it if you can overclock it and from what I hear they already run hot and draw a lot of power right from the box, X2 4800 i heard is exceptionally cool. The second reason is that I would have to get new motherboard and I am not familiar with Intel's motherboard offerings and different sockets, it seems like they have quite a few different versions.
But like I said I will wait till July 22nd and see then
That's all for now, tell me if I can do something better. Thx for the help