How to fix working windows host application ati catalyst control centre

peter_31

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
It was a bit difficult to figure it out, but during a couple of days I fixed the problem. I have a DELL laptop windows 7 system with AMD64 duo core and ATI videocard.
First of all you need to download driver sweeper ( just google it) and also the driver of your ati videocard. In my case I got my DELL driver update and that include catalyst also. If it is not included download catalyst, but a very early update.

OK. now uninstall all of Catalyst/ATI components and also the driver from your ati video card.

uninstall Catalyst/ATI components by going to control panel and then programs.
Uninstall ati videocard by going to control panel and device manager.

Now you install driver sweeper.

Restart your system in safe mode without network. A allround video driver is now installed.

Use driver sweeper and choose to clean AMD video driver.

Restart your system again to normal mode.

Now install catalyst and restart system.

Now it is working again

shawnshine

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
Peter31,

I followed your advice and performed each step as you recommended. It worked very well. Thanks for taking the time to post that. You saved me a lot a additional hassle. I have used CCleaner for a long time, but I look forward to adding Driver Sweeper to my list of tools.

System was Gateway GT5692 Triple Core AMD; VISTA Home Pro 64-bit w/ ATI Radeon 3xxx

eripanjaitan

Reputable
Nov 27, 2014

Your post from the past is very helpfully. I've this problem right now (2014)
Thanks a lot man. This steps worked for me

winterr

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016

Thank you very much. It worked for me as well. I was having this issue for some days and I was unable to find a solution. Thanks again. :)