No Audio on Sony KP51WS520

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
February 13, 2005 11:25:34 AM

I just purchased a Sony KP51WS520 HDTV yesterday. The TV's Video 5
input is connected to the component jacks of a Samsung DirecTV receiver
using Monster Cables.

According to the manual, Video 5 (and Video 6) is the TV's highest
quality input for HD.

The TV is also connected to the receiver using the Video 3 inputs using
standard AV plugs.

When Video 5 is seleced as the TV's input, I have excellent video but
no audio. However, I have both audio and video on Video 3 (but the
video is of lesser quality).

I've verified all the AV cables are working and produce audio.
I've tried using Video 6 to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

More about : audio sony kp51ws520

February 13, 2005 4:56:32 PM

the audio cables must be hooked to V6 in
"Roy" <roy_clemmons@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I just purchased a Sony KP51WS520 HDTV yesterday. The TV's Video 5
> input is connected to the component jacks of a Samsung DirecTV receiver
> using Monster Cables.
>
> According to the manual, Video 5 (and Video 6) is the TV's highest
> quality input for HD.
>
> The TV is also connected to the receiver using the Video 3 inputs using
> standard AV plugs.
>
> When Video 5 is seleced as the TV's input, I have excellent video but
> no audio. However, I have both audio and video on Video 3 (but the
> video is of lesser quality).
>
> I've verified all the AV cables are working and produce audio.
> I've tried using Video 6 to no avail.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!

February 13, 2005 11:16:53 PM

What audio cables are you referring to? Do you mean my Monster Cable?
I've already tried hooking the Monster Cable to Video 6. I'm not using
an external sound system, if that's what you meant.

Roy
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 9:01:50 PM

The solution was to disconnect the red and white audio cables from Video 3
(leaving the yellow video cable connected) and connect them to the audio
jacks of Video 5. Of course, this leaves Video 3 without audio, but I don't
think I'll be watching much on Video 3. If I do, I can reconnect them
temporarily or:

1. Purchase a Y splitter to connect audio to both Video 3 and Video 5

2. Connect from the receiver audio output to Video 5 audio input

3. Purchase an external audio receiver and connect the "audio out
variable/fixed" jack from the TV to the Audio receiver. From the Audio
settings menu, turn speaker off and audio to Fixed.
!