Status
Not open for further replies.

ebooker227

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
My wife's lapop has been infected with the virus above. I can end the process through Task Manager but as soon as I launch the launch IE, Malware Bytes, etc it starts again. Any ideas how to get this removed.

ricky_critic

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
ave.exe is a variant of av.exe installed by the Trojan FakeRean. Just like av.exe, this variant also chooses randomly from a list of names each time it is installed.
Right click and save the registry file trojan_fakerean_exe_fix.reg, make sure that you are saving the file with a .reg extension.
MalwareBytes’s Anti-Malware
Double click to run the downloaded (trojan_fakerean_exe_fix.reg) registry file, Click Yes to merge the registry data. This will delete the offending registry keys blocking the .exe files.
Install and run MalwareBytes’s Anti-Malware. Go to the Update tab and check for updates. Once the update is completed, open the Scanner tab and choose a full-scan. Once the scan is completed, click “Show results“, confirm that all instances of the rogue security software are check-marked and then click “Remove Selected” to delete them. If prompted restart immediately to complete the removal process.
Turn System Restore off and on.
You should now be clean of this rogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.