Quake 3 widescreen support

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAB

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

Hey, I just got a nice bargain, namely a 24" sony crt monitor (compaq
branded). At last!

How is quake best set to run on this monitor?

So far I have tried the widescreen option in the menu, but this did not work
full screen, it appeared on a small portion of my desktrop why?

I have also tried an autoexec.cfg with the following:

seta r_customHeight "1200"
seta r_customWidth "1920"
seta r_mode "-1"
seta cg_fov 120

1920*1200 is my desktop resolution and this was the only way to get the game
fullscreen in a widescreen res.

Does setting fov to 120 cause punkbuster problems?
Is there any way to set the refresh rate?

Any help, suggestions advice etc appreciated.

Thanks

oxygenius

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2010
seta r_displayrefresh "75" (or whatever refresh rate you want).

Here's a simple solution for the widescreen problem:

Widescreen resolution launcher for Quake3 and ioquake3

ResolutionFixerQuake3.png

Take care