mods

Last response: in Video Games
March 14, 2005 11:52:45 PM

hi all, was wondering if anyone could tell me how, or if even i can run more
than 1 mode of quake 3 on 1 server, so i can do maybe a /rcon quit from the
consol and the server restart in the next mod in line.
any thoughts ?
tks all
peace

More about : mods

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 8:51:24 PM

To restart the server under a different mod you'll need to have telnet/ssh access to the linux
sandbox. It's quite easy to do if you have the commands to follow, but you'll have to have the
startup scripts set up on the server.

"~ OTH ~" <OTH@aol.com> wrote in message news:0tGdnXczZ_Bg0KvfRVn-3A@comcast.com...
> hi all, was wondering if anyone could tell me how, or if even i can run more than 1 mode of quake
> 3 on 1 server, so i can do maybe a /rcon quit from the consol and the server restart in the next
> mod in line.
> any thoughts ?
> tks all
> peace

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 8:51:25 PM

"Geri" <baldy@THISISASPAMBLOCK.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> To restart the server under a different mod you'll need to have telnet/ssh
> access to the linux sandbox. It's quite easy to do if you have the
> commands to follow, but you'll have to have the startup scripts set up on
> the server.
>

> "~ OTH ~" <OTH@aol.com> wrote in message
>> hi all, was wondering if anyone could tell me how, or if even i can run
>> more than 1 mode of quake 3 on 1 server, so i can do maybe a /rcon quit
>> from the consol and the server restart in the next mod in line.
>> any thoughts ?
>> tks all
>> peace

Or you can run 2 mods simultaneously on one box. Just assign different ports
to each. And be sure you have enough bandwidth.
March 15, 2005 11:32:15 PM

hye oscar, i play in a small clan, and i rent the server just so we,ll have
our own place we can play by our selfs, to run 2 mods at the same time would
cost me more,
so i need to set up something like what geri said.

"OscartheGrouch" <tondaleo@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Geri" <baldy@THISISASPAMBLOCK.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>> To restart the server under a different mod you'll need to have
>> telnet/ssh access to the linux sandbox. It's quite easy to do if you have
>> the commands to follow, but you'll have to have the startup scripts set
>> up on the server.
>>

>> "~ OTH ~" <OTH@aol.com> wrote in message
>>> hi all, was wondering if anyone could tell me how, or if even i can run
>>> more than 1 mode of quake 3 on 1 server, so i can do maybe a /rcon quit
>>> from the consol and the server restart in the next mod in line.
>>> any thoughts ?
>>> tks all
>>> peace
>>>

> Or you can run 2 mods simultaneously on one box. Just assign different
> ports to each. And be sure you have enough bandwidth.

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 11:43:43 PM

hey geri, sounds like what i need m8,
think you could find the time to help me write the start up scripts to run
duel mods, i was thinking that every time i do a /rcon quit, to restart the
server, if i had some kinda look script, it would start in the next mod
every time i restart.
make sense ?
i think my server host uses a batch file, he sent me this copy of my server
start up batch file, i think its caled that.

../q3a-ded +set net_IP ${IPADDR} +set dedicated 2 +set net_port ${PORT}
+sv_maxclients 12 +set sv_punkbuster 1 +pb_sv_enable +com_Hunkmegs 164 \
+set fs_homepath /home/$USER/q3a-server +set fs_game ${GAME}
+set vm_game 0 +exec ${CONFIG} +set sv_pure 1 +set map_rotate 1

i had a friend give me this loop script of sorts, but we,re not sure of it,

#!/bin/sh
while true
do
quake3 +set fs_game arena
quake3 +set fs_game cpma
done

and then this,

while true
do
./q3a-ded +set net_IP ${IPADDR} +set dedicated 2 \
+set net_port ${PORT} +sv_maxclients 12 \
+set sv_punkbuster 1 +pb_sv_enable +com_Hunkmegs 164 \
+set fs_homepath /home/$USER/q3a-server +set fs_game arena \
+set vm_game 0 +exec ${CONFIG} +set sv_pure 1 +set map_rotate 1

./q3a-ded +set net_IP ${IPADDR} +set dedicated 2 \
+set net_port ${PORT} +sv_maxclients 12 \
+set sv_punkbuster 1 +pb_sv_enable +com_Hunkmegs 164 \
+set fs_homepath /home/$USER/q3a-server +set fs_game cpma \
+set vm_game 0 +exec ${CONFIG} +set sv_pure 1 +set map_rotate 1
done

any of this help yu ?
thanks again for your help m8.
peace
~ oth ~

"Geri" <baldy@THISISASPAMBLOCK.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> To restart the server under a different mod you'll need to have telnet/ssh
> access to the linux sandbox. It's quite easy to do if you have the
> commands to follow, but you'll have to have the startup scripts set up on
> the server.
>

> "~ OTH ~" <OTH@aol.com> wrote in message
>> hi all, was wondering if anyone could tell me how, or if even i can run
>> more than 1 mode of quake 3 on 1 server, so i can do maybe a /rcon quit
>> from the consol and the server restart in the next mod in line.
>> any thoughts ?
>> tks all
>> peace

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 5:39:38 PM

I am currently running a vanilla server and an osp server on same pc which
has windows on it. I have a good bit of experience in doing this. If you
feel that I may be able to help your problem, just email me with your
specs, mods and what it is exactly you are wanting to do.
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 7:50:20 PM

Do you know how to use that batch file? How do you access the linux box to run the commands? Last
time I had to do it was almost 3 years ago and the details are a bit sketchy in my mind (getting
old), it will take me a little while to get the exact info from my mate who does server admin.
I'll see what I can do.

!