mods

hi all, was wondering if anyone could tell me how, or if even i can run more
than 1 mode of quake 3 on 1 server, so i can do maybe a /rcon quit from the
consol and the server restart in the next mod in line.
any thoughts ?
tks all
peace
6 answers Last reply
More about mods

    To restart the server under a different mod you'll need to have telnet/ssh access to the linux
    sandbox. It's quite easy to do if you have the commands to follow, but you'll have to have the
    startup scripts set up on the server.

    "Geri" <baldy@THISISASPAMBLOCK.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > To restart the server under a different mod you'll need to have telnet/ssh
    > access to the linux sandbox. It's quite easy to do if you have the
    > commands to follow, but you'll have to have the startup scripts set up on
    > the server.
    >

    > "~ OTH ~" <OTH@aol.com> wrote in message
    >> hi all, was wondering if anyone could tell me how, or if even i can run
    >> more than 1 mode of quake 3 on 1 server, so i can do maybe a /rcon quit
    >> from the consol and the server restart in the next mod in line.
    >> any thoughts ?
    >> tks all
    >> peace

    Or you can run 2 mods simultaneously on one box. Just assign different ports
    to each. And be sure you have enough bandwidth.

    hye oscar, i play in a small clan, and i rent the server just so we,ll have
    our own place we can play by our selfs, to run 2 mods at the same time would
    cost me more,
    so i need to set up something like what geri said.

    "OscartheGrouch" <tondaleo@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Geri" <baldy@THISISASPAMBLOCK.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> To restart the server under a different mod you'll need to have
    >> telnet/ssh access to the linux sandbox. It's quite easy to do if you have
    >> the commands to follow, but you'll have to have the startup scripts set
    >> up on the server.
    >>

    >> "~ OTH ~" <OTH@aol.com> wrote in message
    >>> hi all, was wondering if anyone could tell me how, or if even i can run
    >>> more than 1 mode of quake 3 on 1 server, so i can do maybe a /rcon quit
    >>> from the consol and the server restart in the next mod in line.
    >>> any thoughts ?
    >>> tks all
    >>> peace
    >>>

    > Or you can run 2 mods simultaneously on one box. Just assign different
    > ports to each. And be sure you have enough bandwidth.

    hey geri, sounds like what i need m8,
    think you could find the time to help me write the start up scripts to run
    duel mods, i was thinking that every time i do a /rcon quit, to restart the
    server, if i had some kinda look script, it would start in the next mod
    every time i restart.
    make sense ?
    i think my server host uses a batch file, he sent me this copy of my server
    start up batch file, i think its caled that.

    ../q3a-ded +set net_IP ${IPADDR} +set dedicated 2 +set net_port ${PORT}
    +sv_maxclients 12 +set sv_punkbuster 1 +pb_sv_enable +com_Hunkmegs 164 \
    +set fs_homepath /home/$USER/q3a-server +set fs_game ${GAME}
    +set vm_game 0 +exec ${CONFIG} +set sv_pure 1 +set map_rotate 1

    i had a friend give me this loop script of sorts, but we,re not sure of it,

    #!/bin/sh
    while true
    do
    quake3 +set fs_game arena
    quake3 +set fs_game cpma
    done

    and then this,

    while true
    do
    ./q3a-ded +set net_IP ${IPADDR} +set dedicated 2 \
    +set net_port ${PORT} +sv_maxclients 12 \
    +set sv_punkbuster 1 +pb_sv_enable +com_Hunkmegs 164 \
    +set fs_homepath /home/$USER/q3a-server +set fs_game arena \
    +set vm_game 0 +exec ${CONFIG} +set sv_pure 1 +set map_rotate 1

    ./q3a-ded +set net_IP ${IPADDR} +set dedicated 2 \
    +set net_port ${PORT} +sv_maxclients 12 \
    +set sv_punkbuster 1 +pb_sv_enable +com_Hunkmegs 164 \
    +set fs_homepath /home/$USER/q3a-server +set fs_game cpma \
    +set vm_game 0 +exec ${CONFIG} +set sv_pure 1 +set map_rotate 1
    done

    any of this help yu ?
    thanks again for your help m8.
    peace
    ~ oth ~

    "Geri" <baldy@THISISASPAMBLOCK.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > To restart the server under a different mod you'll need to have telnet/ssh
    > access to the linux sandbox. It's quite easy to do if you have the
    > commands to follow, but you'll have to have the startup scripts set up on
    > the server.
    >

    > "~ OTH ~" <OTH@aol.com> wrote in message
    >> hi all, was wondering if anyone could tell me how, or if even i can run
    >> more than 1 mode of quake 3 on 1 server, so i can do maybe a /rcon quit
    >> from the consol and the server restart in the next mod in line.
    >> any thoughts ?
    >> tks all
    >> peace

    I am currently running a vanilla server and an osp server on same pc which
    has windows on it. I have a good bit of experience in doing this. If you
    feel that I may be able to help your problem, just email me with your
    specs, mods and what it is exactly you are wanting to do.

    Do you know how to use that batch file? How do you access the linux box to run the commands? Last
    time I had to do it was almost 3 years ago and the details are a bit sketchy in my mind (getting
    old), it will take me a little while to get the exact info from my mate who does server admin.
    I'll see what I can do.

Games Servers Video Games