Need Help With bind in q3config.cfg file

I'm trying to bind the q key to the kill command in the q3config.cfg
file.

I've tried each of the following with no luck.

bind q "kill"
bind q "+kill"
bind q "/kill"

What am I doing wrong?

TIA
Jeff (Stellacruella)

<jeffburton@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I'm trying to bind the q key to the kill command in the q3config.cfg
> file.
>
> I've tried each of the following with no luck.
>
> bind q "kill"
> bind q "+kill"
> bind q "/kill"
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> TIA
> Jeff (Stellacruella)

/bind q kill works for me
I just opened the game and rebound it
I didnt use any "quotation" marks
are you actually manually editing the q3config ( wich some times quake can
be picky about ) or bind it while in game ?

May I also suggest making a serperate cfg file for any changes you make
outside of the default configuration of quake .

I have different configurations i use for ctf / ffa / and different mods
that way i can
just /exec the_cfg_i_want.cfg and walla i got my settings !

do it in game /bind q kill

from ElementSage, i dont play quake though, i play OpenArena its quake 3 but better :D

TRENDING THREADS