Drivers for windows vista canon g7 for vista

Aphrodite6285

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
Hello,I'd like to buy a Canon G7 but from the literature, it's not compatible with Vista. Is there a workaround for this?
Thanks Ann

Solution
Thank you for the suggestion. At the time the Intel Parallel l Studio is too pricey for me.

You posted wanting a driver for a Canon camera. There are no drivers for digital cameras. Just plug the camera into the USB port and download the pictures onto the hard drive. Obviously you did not realize there was canon, USA product support website. Your camera has a download page which provides some software Applications regarding picture editing and so forth.

What is Intel Parrell I Studio and what does is have to do with a digital camera?

Just plug your Canon camera into the USB of the computer and download the pictures onto the computer. Then do whatever you want with them or use any software application you want to...

Aphrodite6285

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010

I'm terribly sorry for posting this twice, it's my first time asking help in a forum. I could not find the question I posted yesterday so I resubmitted the question. My apologies

Aphrodite6285

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
When I clicked the link on your previous post it brought me to Intel's site for the Intel Pattell Studio and advised I can download for a 30 day free trial and after the trial date the cost would be $799. I assumed that since you provided me with that link, that's the software you meant. I'm not at all tech savvy, as you must have surmised by now. I do very much appreciate your patience. So what software download would work for the Canon G7? Thank you!!

Thank you for the suggestion. At the time the Intel Parallel l Studio is too pricey for me.

You posted wanting a driver for a Canon camera. There are no drivers for digital cameras. Just plug the camera into the USB port and download the pictures onto the hard drive. Obviously you did not realize there was canon, USA product support website. Your camera has a download page which provides some software Applications regarding picture editing and so forth.

What is Intel Parrell I Studio and what does is have to do with a digital camera?

Just plug your Canon camera into the USB of the computer and download the pictures onto the computer. Then do whatever you want with them or use any software application you want to. make a folder on your desktop and download the pictures to your desktop and Voila!

Solution
We do a lot of medical related clinical photograpy involved with craniofacial morphology. We fix peoples faces. Clinical photography is a tool we use in the diagnosis and treatment plan of an individuals treatment every day. Clinical photography is also a record of where we began and where we ended. For many years we used a closeup lens with a bellow and had to develop the film. Using mirrors to shoot some of the pictures was tricky. Today the digital zoom lenses and photoshop work well for us.

Looks like a decent camera.

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/powershot_g7-review/