View System Resources in XP

How do you view system resources in Windows XP? Windows Me had a resource
meter. I can't find that in XP. The Help system did not offer any help.
Doesn't Microsoft have a resource meter for XP? If so, where is it?

In news:%23is2tApcFHA.1288@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
SeaMaid <seamaid24-graphics@yahoo.com> typed:

> How do you view system resources in Windows XP? Windows Me had
> resource meter. I can't find that in XP. The Help system did
> not
> offer any help. Doesn't Microsoft have a resource meter for XP?
> If
> so, where is it?

No, there is none, and that's good, not bad. The term "system
resources" referred to a particular data structure that existed
in Windows 9x/Me. It was a limiting factor because it was fixed
in size, and when it was all used, you crashed.

Windows XP is designed entirely differently and there is no such
structure. There's nothing to run out of and therefore nothing to
monitor.

That's one of XP's many improvements over 9X/Me. There are no
System Resources to run out of or to be concerned with.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Thanks, both of you, for your help.

"SeaMaid" <seamaid24-graphics@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> How do you view system resources in Windows XP? Windows Me had a resource
> meter. I can't find that in XP. The Help system did not offer any help.
> Doesn't Microsoft have a resource meter for XP? If so, where is it?

Task Manager overview
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/taskman_whats_there_w.mspx

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23is2tApcFHA.1288@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
SeaMaid <seamaid24-graphics@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:
> How do you view system resources in Windows XP? Windows Me had a resource
> meter. I can't find that in XP. The Help system did not offer any help.
> Doesn't Microsoft have a resource meter for XP? If so, where is it?

I just would like to comment that I have Windows XP Pro and I am getting
norices and aslo losing graphics and programs all going white and
hanging...I have multiple notices come up and I mean MULTTIPLE like 50
to 60 of them...saying I am out of system resources and I cant draw on
that canvas and you are out of resources I just keep clicking ok but
they keep coming........I have 512 meg of ram ...I have an AMD XP1500+
CPU I cannot stay on for more than a few hours IF I have anything open
... I am tearing my hair out here..please help me?

thanking you in advance
Michele

--
lovebytePosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

hi again everyone, sorry for my typos lol
ok I just thought I would mention that I had NONE of this trouble
before I installed SP2
is there a possibility that SP2 could be causing this problem? and if
so how can I uninstall it? or will I need to reformat again? lol

thanking you all again

Michele

--
lovebytePosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

sounds like a video card issue. Have you updated your video card drivers?