Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Directv raises prices again

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 2:03:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Here we go again. Last year wasn't enough, so they are raising prices
again march 1st..Seems like its going to be an annual increase format.
Talk about monopoly.

More about : directv raises prices

Anonymous
February 14, 2005 5:46:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Boothbay wrote:
> Here we go again. Last year wasn't enough, so they are raising prices
> again march 1st..Seems like its going to be an annual increase format.

You expected something different?

> Talk about monopoly.
>

What monopoly?

Matthew

--
Thermodynamics and/or Golf for dummies: There is a game
You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 7:08:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Boothbay wrote:
> Here we go again. Last year wasn't enough, so they are raising prices
> again march 1st..Seems like its going to be an annual increase format.
> Talk about monopoly.
>

Try DISH network. See? Not a monopoly.
Related resources
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 8:41:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

"Boothbay" <harri85274@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1108407825.727858.40040@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Here we go again. Last year wasn't enough, so they are raising prices
> again march 1st..Seems like its going to be an annual increase format.
> Talk about monopoly.

Not to defend the raising of prices...but did you get a raise in the last
year? I'm sure all the hard working stiffs at Direct TV want to get their
cost of living increase like the rest of us. I expect reasonable increases
in the cost of things as time goes by, especially from a company that is
getting hit with both higher programming costs and capitol expenses for new
equipment. I don't mind paying more as long as they are moving forward as I
think they are.
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 10:40:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Boothbay wrote:
> Here we go again. Last year wasn't enough, so they are raising prices
> again march 1st..Seems like its going to be an annual increase format.
> Talk about monopoly.

Funny how DirecTV uses cable price hikes in their ads to get you
to possibly jump ship to their services yet they won't admit that they
do the same.

Brian The Demolition Man Little
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 2:35:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

On 14 Feb 2005 11:03:45 -0800, "Boothbay" <harri85274@aol.com> wrote:

>Here we go again. Last year wasn't enough, so they are raising prices
>again march 1st..Seems like its going to be an annual increase format.
>Talk about monopoly.


Of course there's NO INFLATION. Not now, not ever.
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 6:08:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

That logic doesn't work. Like MANY people in my area, I didn't get a raise
last year (or the year before that, or the year before that) because the
economy in our area is still depressed but my local cable television
provider still raised rates in January as they do every year. I'm sure its
a case of "because they can". The sport's value tier went from $1.95 to
$8.95 even though the only channel they added was CSTV. Needless to say, I
canceled it (as well as another one that I don't watch too often) when I saw
my first cable bill with the new rate structure. So, they now make *less*
money from me as a subscriber than before they raised their prices because
their greed caused me to make a more critical look at what I'm willing to
pay for. I'd be willing to pay a bit extra for say ESPN2HD but their price
increases this year were well beyond the costs of additional programming. I
hope a bunch of people cancel their cable and get satellite because
competition is the only thing that is going to keep prices down. Businesses
are, by nature, greedy. Who starts a business to lose money?


"Charles Tomaras" <tomaras@tomaras.com> wrote in message
news:UO2dne_e6sa2zozfRVn-jQ@comcast.com...
>
> "Boothbay" <harri85274@aol.com> wrote in message
> news:1108407825.727858.40040@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> > Here we go again. Last year wasn't enough, so they are raising prices
> > again march 1st..Seems like its going to be an annual increase format.
> > Talk about monopoly.
>
> Not to defend the raising of prices...but did you get a raise in the last
> year? I'm sure all the hard working stiffs at Direct TV want to get their
> cost of living increase like the rest of us. I expect reasonable increases
> in the cost of things as time goes by, especially from a company that is
> getting hit with both higher programming costs and capitol expenses for
new
> equipment. I don't mind paying more as long as they are moving forward as
I
> think they are.
>
>
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 6:09:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Hey, vote with your wallet, and get Dish, cable, or buy an damn antenna and
get your TV for free. I'm 100% OTA and lovin' every minute of it.

"Boothbay" <harri85274@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1108407825.727858.40040@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Here we go again. Last year wasn't enough, so they are raising prices
> again march 1st..Seems like its going to be an annual increase format.
> Talk about monopoly.
>
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 8:31:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

> > Here we go again. Last year wasn't enough, so they are raising
prices
> > again march 1st..Seems like its going to be an annual increase
format.
>
> You expected something different?
>
> > Talk about monopoly.
> >
>
> What monopoly?

People don't understand the term. Apparently the "mono" part really
stumps them.
February 15, 2005 8:46:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 19:40:40 -0600, "Brian The Demolition Man Little"
<a@b.c> wrote:

>Funny how DirecTV uses cable price hikes in their ads to get you
>to possibly jump ship to their services yet they won't admit that they
>do the same.


Yeah, I can see the ad now. "Get DirecTV because we both raise
prices."




Gary
February 15, 2005 9:57:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 03:08:45 GMT, "Brian K. White"
<nospam@foxfire74.com> wrote:

>That logic doesn't work. Like MANY people in my area, I didn't get a raise
>last year (or the year before that, or the year before that) because the
>economy in our area is still depressed but my local cable television
>provider still raised rates in January as they do every year. I'm sure its
>a case of "because they can". The sport's value tier went from $1.95 to
>$8.95 even though the only channel they added was CSTV. Needless to say, I
>canceled it (as well as another one that I don't watch too often) when I saw
>my first cable bill with the new rate structure. So, they now make *less*
>money from me as a subscriber than before they raised their prices because
>their greed caused me to make a more critical look at what I'm willing to
>pay for. I'd be willing to pay a bit extra for say ESPN2HD but their price
>increases this year were well beyond the costs of additional programming. I
>hope a bunch of people cancel their cable and get satellite because
>competition is the only thing that is going to keep prices down. Businesses
>are, by nature, greedy. Who starts a business to lose money?
>
>

Do you have any idea of the pricing pressures put o cable companies by
the individual and packaged channel provided to them? Look at sports
salaries and then ask yourself why prices are rising for that package.
Thumper
>"Charles Tomaras" <tomaras@tomaras.com> wrote in message
>news:UO2dne_e6sa2zozfRVn-jQ@comcast.com...
>>
>> "Boothbay" <harri85274@aol.com> wrote in message
>> news:1108407825.727858.40040@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> > Here we go again. Last year wasn't enough, so they are raising prices
>> > again march 1st..Seems like its going to be an annual increase format.
>> > Talk about monopoly.
>>
>> Not to defend the raising of prices...but did you get a raise in the last
>> year? I'm sure all the hard working stiffs at Direct TV want to get their
>> cost of living increase like the rest of us. I expect reasonable increases
>> in the cost of things as time goes by, especially from a company that is
>> getting hit with both higher programming costs and capitol expenses for
>new
>> equipment. I don't mind paying more as long as they are moving forward as
>I
>> think they are.
>>
>>
>

To reply drop XYZ in address
February 15, 2005 9:59:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 03:09:03 GMT, "Phil Ross" <paross@pacbell.net>
wrote:

>Hey, vote with your wallet, and get Dish, cable, or buy an damn antenna and
>get your TV for free. I'm 100% OTA and lovin' every minute of it.
>



Fine for you but you are missing the best programming on TV without
HBO, Cinemax, and Showtime.

Also many of us simply cannot get OTA programming.
Thumper
>"Boothbay" <harri85274@aol.com> wrote in message
>news:1108407825.727858.40040@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> Here we go again. Last year wasn't enough, so they are raising prices
>> again march 1st..Seems like its going to be an annual increase format.
>> Talk about monopoly.
>>
>

To reply drop XYZ in address
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 1:07:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

"Brian K. White" <nospam@foxfire74.com> wrote in message
news:1JdQd.26109$XY5.12475@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
> That logic doesn't work. Like MANY people in my area, I didn't get a
> raise
> last year (or the year before that, or the year before that) because the
> economy in our area is still depressed but my local cable television
> provider still raised rates in January as they do every year. I'm sure
> its
> a case of "because they can".

Yes and if you had something you thought your employer couldn't live
without, you would have gotten a raise last year as well. The answer to your
dissatisfaction is simple. Walk the talk and dump them. If you live near a
metro area get an antenna and a library card and you can watch DTV and
borrow movies.
February 15, 2005 4:25:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Yeah, I can see the ad now. "Get DirecTV because we both raise
prices."




Gary

That would be kind of like that beer advertisement. "We all raise prices.
Choose on picture quality."


--
greyghost
------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message was posted via http://www.satelliteguys.us by greyghost
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 11:31:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

X-No-archive: yes

"Charles Tomaras" <tomaras@tomaras.com> wrote in message
news:UO2dne_e6sa2zozfRVn-jQ@comcast.com...
>
> I don't mind paying more as long as they are moving forward as I think
> they are.
==========================================
Just curious, how are they moving forward?
I keep hoping for more HD, but nothing has come.
I do not mean locals, since I get them all OTA, but more NEW HD content.
If they do not get more soon, I am going to dump them and stick with OTA
only.
===========================================
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 3:50:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

"Richard C." <post-age@spamcop.net> wrote in message
news:42137566$0$5792$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.com...
> X-No-archive: yes
>
> "Charles Tomaras" <tomaras@tomaras.com> wrote in message
> news:UO2dne_e6sa2zozfRVn-jQ@comcast.com...
>>
>> I don't mind paying more as long as they are moving forward as I think
>> they are.
> ==========================================
> Just curious, how are they moving forward?
> I keep hoping for more HD, but nothing has come.
> I do not mean locals, since I get them all OTA, but more NEW HD content.
> If they do not get more soon, I am going to dump them and stick with OTA
> only.
> ===========================================


Well, they are launching sats and moving to a more efficient (better? don't
know) codec. And they are running lots of really great new commercials! :)  I
guess I'm actually pretty satisfied with what they offer combined with
Seattle OTA. With the HD Tivo I've always got worthwhile programming to
watch. Among other things, I really enjoy the fine arts programming that
Universal HD and HD net present. Between that and the three or four network
OTA programs I enjoy, I find that I'm very satisfied with Direct TV. I must
not watch as much television as some of these other folks...I have very
little need for hundreds of channels of stuff I don't watch.
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 5:19:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

X-No-archive: yes

"Charles Tomaras" <tomaras@tomaras.com> wrote in message
news:8ZKdnY3FdIWJL47fRVn-uQ@comcast.com...
>
> "Richard C." <post-age@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> news:42137566$0$5792$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.com...
>> X-No-archive: yes
>>
>> "Charles Tomaras" <tomaras@tomaras.com> wrote in message
>> news:UO2dne_e6sa2zozfRVn-jQ@comcast.com...
>>>
>>> I don't mind paying more as long as they are moving forward as I think
>>> they are.
>> ==========================================
>> Just curious, how are they moving forward?
>> I keep hoping for more HD, but nothing has come.
>> I do not mean locals, since I get them all OTA, but more NEW HD content.
>> If they do not get more soon, I am going to dump them and stick with OTA
>> only.
>> ===========================================
>
>
> Well, they are launching sats and moving to a more efficient (better?
> don't know) codec. And they are running lots of really great new
> commercials! :)  I guess I'm actually pretty satisfied with what they offer
> combined with Seattle OTA. With the HD Tivo I've always got worthwhile
> programming to watch. Among other things, I really enjoy the fine arts
> programming that Universal HD and HD net present. Between that and the
> three or four network OTA programs I enjoy, I find that I'm very satisfied
> with Direct TV. I must not watch as much television as some of these other
> folks...I have very little need for hundreds of channels of stuff I don't
> watch.
=====================================
That is my situation also.
I only watch about 6 hours or so a week and almost all of it is Network HD
OTA.
If I hear of no new HD coming from DirecTV in the next several months, I
will revert to just OTA.
=================================
February 16, 2005 8:15:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:31:46 -0800, "Richard C."
<post-age@spamcop.net> wrote:

>X-No-archive: yes
>
>"Charles Tomaras" <tomaras@tomaras.com> wrote in message
>news:UO2dne_e6sa2zozfRVn-jQ@comcast.com...
>>
>> I don't mind paying more as long as they are moving forward as I think
>> they are.
>==========================================
>Just curious, how are they moving forward?
>I keep hoping for more HD, but nothing has come.
>I do not mean locals, since I get them all OTA, but more NEW HD content.
>If they do not get more soon, I am going to dump them and stick with OTA
>only.
>===========================================
>
Where are they supposed to get this new HD programming? More movie
re-runs? Most of the best programming is on HBO,Cinemax, and
Showtime. Those you have to pay for as always. There simply isn't
much available.
Thumper
To reply drop XYZ in address
February 16, 2005 10:21:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 14:19:49 -0800, "Richard C."
<post-age@spamcop.net> wrote:

>X-No-archive: yes
>
>"Charles Tomaras" <tomaras@tomaras.com> wrote in message
>news:8ZKdnY3FdIWJL47fRVn-uQ@comcast.com...
>>
>> "Richard C." <post-age@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> news:42137566$0$5792$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.com...
>>> X-No-archive: yes
>>>
>>> "Charles Tomaras" <tomaras@tomaras.com> wrote in message
>>> news:UO2dne_e6sa2zozfRVn-jQ@comcast.com...
>>>>
>>>> I don't mind paying more as long as they are moving forward as I think
>>>> they are.
>>> ==========================================
>>> Just curious, how are they moving forward?
>>> I keep hoping for more HD, but nothing has come.
>>> I do not mean locals, since I get them all OTA, but more NEW HD content.
>>> If they do not get more soon, I am going to dump them and stick with OTA
>>> only.
>>> ===========================================
>>
>>
>> Well, they are launching sats and moving to a more efficient (better?
>> don't know) codec. And they are running lots of really great new
>> commercials! :)  I guess I'm actually pretty satisfied with what they offer
>> combined with Seattle OTA. With the HD Tivo I've always got worthwhile
>> programming to watch. Among other things, I really enjoy the fine arts
>> programming that Universal HD and HD net present. Between that and the
>> three or four network OTA programs I enjoy, I find that I'm very satisfied
>> with Direct TV. I must not watch as much television as some of these other
>> folks...I have very little need for hundreds of channels of stuff I don't
>> watch.
>=====================================
>That is my situation also.
>I only watch about 6 hours or so a week and almost all of it is Network HD
>OTA.
>If I hear of no new HD coming from DirecTV in the next several months, I
>will revert to just OTA.
>=================================
>
Why not pay for some premium channels?
Thumper
To reply drop XYZ in address
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 10:21:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

X-No-archive: yes

"Thumper" <jaylsmithXYZ@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:8ro711ta08gdr8j7bvk3060bdac45j358q@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 14:19:49 -0800, "Richard C."
> <post-age@spamcop.net> wrote:
>
>>X-No-archive: yes
>>
>>"Charles Tomaras" <tomaras@tomaras.com> wrote in message
>>news:8ZKdnY3FdIWJL47fRVn-uQ@comcast.com...
>>>
>>> "Richard C." <post-age@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>>> news:42137566$0$5792$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.com...
>>>> X-No-archive: yes
>>>>
>>>> "Charles Tomaras" <tomaras@tomaras.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:UO2dne_e6sa2zozfRVn-jQ@comcast.com...
>>>>>
>>>>> I don't mind paying more as long as they are moving forward as I
>>>>> think
>>>>> they are.
>>>> ==========================================
>>>> Just curious, how are they moving forward?
>>>> I keep hoping for more HD, but nothing has come.
>>>> I do not mean locals, since I get them all OTA, but more NEW HD
>>>> content.
>>>> If they do not get more soon, I am going to dump them and stick with
>>>> OTA
>>>> only.
>>>> ===========================================
>>>
>>>
>>> Well, they are launching sats and moving to a more efficient (better?
>>> don't know) codec. And they are running lots of really great new
>>> commercials! :)  I guess I'm actually pretty satisfied with what they
>>> offer
>>> combined with Seattle OTA. With the HD Tivo I've always got worthwhile
>>> programming to watch. Among other things, I really enjoy the fine arts
>>> programming that Universal HD and HD net present. Between that and the
>>> three or four network OTA programs I enjoy, I find that I'm very
>>> satisfied
>>> with Direct TV. I must not watch as much television as some of these
>>> other
>>> folks...I have very little need for hundreds of channels of stuff I
>>> don't
>>> watch.
>>=====================================
>>That is my situation also.
>>I only watch about 6 hours or so a week and almost all of it is Network HD
>>OTA.
>>If I hear of no new HD coming from DirecTV in the next several months, I
>>will revert to just OTA.
>>=================================
>>
> Why not pay for some premium channels?
> Thumper
> To reply drop XYZ in address
============================
Because the $50 per month I already pay is too much.
I do not see that much on the premium channels that interests me.
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 4:53:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

X-No-archive: yes

"Thumper" <jaylsmithXYZ@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:p f0a111g6htnm2qej0m12tghcv316jigiv@4ax.com...
>>
> You should. Then again It's beyond me why someone who watches so
> little tv bothers with an HDTV at all.
> Thumper

==================================
Because the few shows I watch are fabulous looking.
And the Grammies (except the first 10 minutes where they showed it in SD in
Seattle).
And other such things.

PLUS! DVDs look great on it.
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 6:52:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Thumper wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:25:17 -0500, "Matthew L. Martin"
> <nothere@notnow.never> wrote:

>>
>>Do either of you two know how to edit a post?
>
>
> Why do you care?

On the off chance that I might really want to read anything either of
you wrote.

--
Matthew

I'm a contractor. If you want an opinion, I'll sell you one.
Which one do you want?
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 8:02:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

"Thumper" <jaylsmithXYZ@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:p f0a111g6htnm2qej0m12tghcv316jigiv@4ax.com...

>>===================================
>>The point is, I watch very little TV (about 6 hours a week).
>>Unless DirecTV starts to come up with some HD (for my current price), then
>>I
>>will just dump them.
>>
> You should. Then again It's beyond me why someone who watches so
> little tv bothers with an HDTV at all.
> Thumper
> To reply drop XYZ in address

It's quality and not quantity. How much TV one watches has nothing to do
with the desire to watch good television when one does watch. You act as
though if you're not spending 4 hours a night in front of the tube you are
wasting something. Some of us watch a few hours of television every couple
of days and are doing quite well in life thankyou.
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 8:53:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Richard C. wrote:
>> Unless DirecTV starts to come up with some HD (for my current price),
>> then I will just dump them.

I'd like to see an FX-HD channel.

I'd put The Shield and Rescue Me up against some of the stuff on premium
channels. Not everything on the premium channels is that great.
Sopranos is great (when they make new ones). That's all I liked when I
had HBO. I worked on a HD animated show awhile back on Showtime (Free
For All). Whew! One of the biggest turds ever....EVER!!!

I don't know what the plans for FX are in the future, but HD would be cool.
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 4:39:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

I have to agree about the rate of price increases....

THe fact that they made a business decission to invest in new
satellites to offer new products does not justify increasing prices to
existing customers (who may or may not care about the new services)
pay for it - they should be focusing on increasing subscribers for the
new services, otherwise the investment does not make any sense, and
those executives in charge should be fired. Its not like they are
promising better basic channel quality,,,which is dreadfull, but not
as dreadfull as my local cable company. And as far as price pressures
for programing - well they be about the only customer for the
programing, and they should be dictating to the providers, not the
other way around.

I just dropped my subscription back to the mere basics,,,saves about 8
dollars a month - and the way i look at this and any other expense is
how much is that per year, and per ten years. $96 buys one hell of a
nice evening out, or a whole weeks groceries. $960 every ten years
buys a whole new TV..or maybe a months worth of minmal health
insurance.

Ask yourself if you really need compressed and pixelated versions of
your free OTA local stations, and do your really need 3 versions of
the history channel?




"Richard C." <post-age@spamcop.net> wrote:

>X-No-archive: yes
>
>"Thumper" <jaylsmithXYZ@comcast.net> wrote in message
>news:p f0a111g6htnm2qej0m12tghcv316jigiv@4ax.com...
>>>
>> You should. Then again It's beyond me why someone who watches so
>> little tv bothers with an HDTV at all.
>> Thumper
>
>==================================
>Because the few shows I watch are fabulous looking.
>And the Grammies (except the first 10 minutes where they showed it in SD in
>Seattle).
>And other such things.
>
>PLUS! DVDs look great on it.
>
>
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 4:40:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

<vander@netscape.com> wrote in message
news:4215370a.30551437@news.west.cox.net...
>I have to agree about the rate of price increases....
>
> THe fact that they made a business decission to invest in new
> satellites to offer new products does not justify increasing prices to
> existing customers (who may or may not care about the new services)
> pay for it - they should be focusing on increasing subscribers for the
> new services, otherwise the investment does not make any sense, and
> those executives in charge should be fired. Its not like they are
> promising better basic channel quality,,,which is dreadfull, but not
> as dreadfull as my local cable company.

Well, the reality is that without new satellites and efficient codecs, the
quality of basic services will NEVER improve. The need either fewer
channels, better compression or more capacity if they are to improve your
picture.
February 18, 2005 9:49:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:02:25 -0800, "Charles Tomaras"
<tomaras@tomaras.com> wrote:

>
>"Thumper" <jaylsmithXYZ@comcast.net> wrote in message
>news:p f0a111g6htnm2qej0m12tghcv316jigiv@4ax.com...
>
>>>===================================
>>>The point is, I watch very little TV (about 6 hours a week).
>>>Unless DirecTV starts to come up with some HD (for my current price), then
>>>I
>>>will just dump them.
>>>
>> You should. Then again It's beyond me why someone who watches so
>> little tv bothers with an HDTV at all.
>> Thumper
>> To reply drop XYZ in address
>
>It's quality and not quantity. How much TV one watches has nothing to do
>with the desire to watch good television when one does watch. You act as
>though if you're not spending 4 hours a night in front of the tube you are
>wasting something. Some of us watch a few hours of television every couple
>of days and are doing quite well in life thankyou.
>
You are the one complaining that there needs to be more HD on cable to
make you keep subscribing. That's QUANTITY.
Thumper
To reply drop XYZ in address
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 1:42:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

"Thumper" <jaylsmithXYZ@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:o glb119j1jphmlppgdsq9pai4k9jkd8kaq@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:02:25 -0800, "Charles Tomaras"
> <tomaras@tomaras.com> wrote:
>
>>
>>"Thumper" <jaylsmithXYZ@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>news:p f0a111g6htnm2qej0m12tghcv316jigiv@4ax.com...
>>
>>>>===================================
>>>>The point is, I watch very little TV (about 6 hours a week).
>>>>Unless DirecTV starts to come up with some HD (for my current price),
>>>>then
>>>>I
>>>>will just dump them.
>>>>
>>> You should. Then again It's beyond me why someone who watches so
>>> little tv bothers with an HDTV at all.
>>> Thumper
>>> To reply drop XYZ in address
>>
>>It's quality and not quantity. How much TV one watches has nothing to do
>>with the desire to watch good television when one does watch. You act as
>>though if you're not spending 4 hours a night in front of the tube you are
>>wasting something. Some of us watch a few hours of television every couple
>>of days and are doing quite well in life thankyou.
>>
> You are the one complaining that there needs to be more HD on cable to
> make you keep subscribing. That's QUANTITY.

That wasn't me. I don't subscribe to cable and have not for a number of
years.
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 9:11:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

i think its a rip off i signed up with them for a year contract @36.99 a
month and now they wont honor their own %$#$%#$#%$#@ contract!complete
B.S. im closing my credit card acct. first them telling directv where the
can shove it. dirty
rat...........^%$#$%^#%$#%$^#^%$#%$#%$#^%$#%$^#^%$#^%$#^%$
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 9:12:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

i think its a rip off i signed up with them for a year contract @36.99 a
month and now they wont honor their own %$#$%#$#%$#@ contract!complete
B.S. im closing my credit card acct. first them telling directv where the
can shove it. dirty
rat...........^%$#$%^#%$#%$^#^%$#%$#%$#^%$#%$^#^%$#^%$#^%$
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 11:24:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Go file a complaint. You're probably not alone.

http://www.usdoj.gov/


"alm350" <alm1071@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:66394a3c588cc8209d3f6901ea7d1f52@localhost.talkaboutvideo.com...
>i think its a rip off i signed up with them for a year contract @36.99 a
> month and now they wont honor their own %$#$%#$#%$#@ contract!complete
> B.S. im closing my credit card acct. first them telling directv where the
> can shove it. dirty
> rat...........^%$#$%^#%$#%$^#^%$#%$#%$#^%$#%$^#^%$#^%$#^%$
>
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 12:39:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

thanks for the link,i filed a complaint, and im filing one with the BBB as
well.if anyone else has a contract still in effect i would tell you to do
the same.power in numbers.....
i find it very poor on their part to break a contract, but if i break my
end they will charge me for each box plus the programming, but when they
break their end what can you do ....
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 10:18:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

alm350 wrote:
> thanks for the link,i filed a complaint, and im filing one with the BBB as
> well.if anyone else has a contract still in effect i would tell you to do
> the same.power in numbers.....
> i find it very poor on their part to break a contract, but if i break my
> end they will charge me for each box plus the programming, but when they
> break their end what can you do ....
>

Last time this happened there was a successful class action suit. That
won't be happening again anytime soon.

Matthew

--
Thermodynamics and/or Golf for dummies: There is a game
You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game
!