Sign in with
Your question
Solved

64 GB SSD for VISTA

Last response: in Windows Vista
March 31, 2010 1:10:22 PM

please advice if 64GB space in Corsair SSD will be enough for Win VISTA ultimate 64 bit version along with MS-Office

More about : ssd vista

April 1, 2010 3:33:58 PM

A lot of money for so little space... not to mention the performance isn't worth the extra money.

It will be enough for those programs, however.
m
l
Related resources
April 2, 2010 1:33:59 PM

Yes, it's enough space for Windows and a few of your most important programs. But doesn't have much room for storage. A better configuration would be to have a traditional hard drive available for storage.
m
l
April 2, 2010 2:01:05 PM

Scotteq said:
Yes, it's enough space for Windows and a few of your most important programs. But doesn't have much room for storage. A better configuration would be to have a traditional hard drive available for storage.

ok so would you approve of a minimum setup where there's one 64GB CORSAIR SSD plus one 500 GB WD Caviar Black HDD

+

m
l

Best solution

April 2, 2010 3:00:13 PM

It'll work fine.
April 3, 2010 7:51:04 AM

Best answer selected by capital_one.
m
l
April 4, 2010 9:10:08 PM

I feel that the performance gain still isn't worth the price premium and the tiny relative size of the drive... I could almost get 3 x 1TB drives for the price of a single 64GB SSD. For what I do, the performance increase doesn't justify the extra price for so little space... I felt the same way about the Raptors when they came out.

If I ever feel the need to try to open 50 programs at once, however, I'll be the first in line for a SSD. It's impressive to be sure... but it just doesn't translate to real-world performance.

m
l
April 5, 2010 7:59:37 AM

Zoron said:
I feel that the performance gain still isn't worth the price premium and the tiny relative size of the drive... I could almost get 3 x 1TB drives for the price of a single 64GB SSD. For what I do, the performance increase doesn't justify the extra price for so little space... I felt the same way about the Raptors when they came out.

If I ever feel the need to try to open 50 programs at once, however, I'll be the first in line for a SSD. It's impressive to be sure... but it just doesn't translate to real-world performance.

in my case its 15 applications running back to back

all the data being accessed from the default hard disk or ssd

speed is an issue here

even milliseconds count !!!
m
l
!