Random 2-3 second laptop lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

tad02

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
Hey all,
For the past 2-3 weeks i have been experiencing 2-3 second lag spikes on my ASUS laptop. Before this the computer was running fine. The lag effects everything from typing in the URL box to watching videos on youtube to playing Diablo 2. It seems like almost anything I attempt to do, even clicking on an icon on the desktop, will make the laptop lag for 2-3 seconds. I have an ASUS K52N-BGR5 laptop w/ windows 7 Home Premium. I have attempted to reinstall the OS (the only form of troubleshooting i have lol) to no avail. I am new to posting on these forums and was hoping someone could help me out. I'm willing to post any specs/tests/etc. needed in order to fix the problem as long as I know what it is I need to post. Thanks in advance for the responses!

Solution
The hard drive in a laptop is often set to spin down during periods of inactivity, and this can lead to pauses when something that requires the hard drive has to wait for it to spin up again. You might want to check the power options in Windows to see that the power-saving time for the hard drive is set to.
The hard drive in a laptop is often set to spin down during periods of inactivity, and this can lead to pauses when something that requires the hard drive has to wait for it to spin up again. You might want to check the power options in Windows to see that the power-saving time for the hard drive is set to.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.