Sata 1.5 motherboard Sata 3.0 harddrive

Tags:
  • SATA
  • Hard Drives
  • Motherboards
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
June 22, 2007 3:02:34 AM

i just wanna know can u install a SataII 3.0 harddrive on a Sata 1.5 motherboard. thankx

More about : sata motherboard sata harddrive

June 22, 2007 3:34:48 AM

Yes you can.SATA2 drives come with a jumper on them that sets their transfer speed to 150 by default.You have to physically have to remove the jumper to run at 300.So just leave that little jumper right where it is and you should have no worries.If your sata2 drive does not have one on it,then just go to your local computer store and have them put it on for you.Or at least ask them for one and put it on yourself.Goodluck.

Dahak

AMD X2 5600+ @ 2.8ghz(stock)
M2N32-SLI DELUXE MB
2 GIGS DDR2 800 RAM
THERMALTAKE 850WATT PSU
7950GT KO(WAITING FOR MY OTHER TO COME BACK FROM RMA)
ACER 22IN. LCD
SMILIDON RAIDMAX GAMING CASE
80GIG/250gig SATA2 HD's
XP MCE
June 22, 2007 4:21:29 AM

i c thankx alot, since i'm gonna buy the harddrive from newegg i guess i should email them and ask them 1st. thankx again
June 22, 2007 4:49:42 AM

Quote:
Yes you can.SATA2 drives come with a jumper on them that sets their transfer speed to 150 by default.You have to physically have to remove the jumper to run at 300.So just leave that little jumper right where it is and you should have no worries.

Yes, since I just completed a build using a Segate 320gb sataII on a motherboard t hat had only support for SataI... Just go to Segate site and check out thwe install PDF file. It tells you what you need to know and I bought my HD from NewEgg.
Related resources
!