Sign in with
Your question

Vpn vs proxy vs privacy software

Last response: in Applications
May 2, 2011 11:57:20 AM

which is the best privacy solution?

ive read a bunch of info about all of the above, and some contradicts the other... is a vpn the most private/secure?

are there actaully any free options that are good? i dont mind paying, just wondering
May 9, 2011 8:23:24 AM

use tor browser.. the best one out there
m
l
a b 8 Security
May 10, 2011 8:14:54 PM

I always use a VPN connection when I am at a wireless hotspot, but I am lucky that my ISP provides that service for free; with a VPN you need a server to connect to, and most people do not.
m
l
Related resources
May 11, 2011 12:21:20 AM

if your looking to be anon then a vpn host is probably best the free 1s are just as good as payed but you often find that have limited bandwidth allocation
apps like hide'ip have limited effect yes they will change your ip but your service provider will see and have a record of it as it still has to know where to send the data your looking for.
m
l
June 28, 2013 11:15:45 AM

A VPN is definitely going to be your strongest option here. VPNs are also substantially faster than proxies and provide much stronger security. I use SumRando VPN (https://www.sumrando.com) as a free VPN. They offer 10GB/month for free right now as they're in beta. If you're cool with paying a monthly fee, there are a lot of good one's out there, just shop around. One big thing to look out for are VPNs that keep logs of your activity or serve you advertising, so make sure you pick one that will actually guarantee a high level of privacy.
m
l
!