everbs

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
I am currently on the border of buying some new components for my system, and I wanted to list what I currently have and get some of your expert advise on what I should do. If you think I should upgrade, please list what you would upgrade. Memory, processor, GPU. Here are my specs. I bought this rig in november-december of 05

1 gb ocz 2x512 el platinum revision ram
evga 7800GTX 256mb video card
DFI Lanparty ultra nf4 SLI-DR motherboard
AMD 4400+ Dual core CPU
10k raptor HD
Thermaltake armor case

thanks for all your help

bigbeef2604

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
People on this board would be able to help you much more if you were more specific in what you use your computer for. The more specific you are the better they'll be able to help you.
Gaming? If so what games?
Work Station? If so what software?
What do you plan on doing on your computer in the future?

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
People on this board would be able to help you much more if you were more specific in what you use your computer for. The more specific you are the better they'll be able to help you.
Gaming? If so what games?
Work Station? If so what software?
What do you plan on doing on your computer in the future?

In addition, what is your budget?

everbs

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
I use the computer primarily for gaming, and secondary as a work computer. I want to be able to run crysis aswell as other DX10 titles that will be coming out in the near future. I would say that i have a nice budget for upgrading. I definetly could afford an 8800ultra some nice ram, a couple 500g hd's another 2gb ram.. so I'ts realy not how much money I can afford, but rather what I should put it towards.

Thanks for all your help
Verbs