Sign in with
Your question

Need help with slow computer

Last response: in Windows XP
Anonymous
October 27, 2009 7:25:46 PM

I have tried just about every thing to speed my computer up. I have ATT High speed ,but it acts like dial-up . I have talk to att and they said every thing is work fine but i know its now it freezes up have of the time or it crashes .I have spend 200.00 dollars to have it debug. I need help

More about : slow computer

October 27, 2009 8:06:53 PM

is your pc just slow with internet connection or is it slow with other things as well?
October 27, 2009 8:26:13 PM

A little more info is needed. There's a difference between network slowness and local slowness.

What are you doing when it's slow?
Related resources
Anonymous
October 28, 2009 12:37:18 PM

aford10 said:
A little more info is needed. There's a difference between network slowness and local slowness.

What are you doing when it's slow?

Iam just trying to log on and then try to browes the web and it takes so long to load up. I have high speed internet from att.
October 28, 2009 1:43:45 PM

So the slowness is in the boot process (loading windows)?
What are your hardware specs?

A good start would be to download ccleaner and do some cleanup on your PC.
October 28, 2009 2:48:03 PM

I could diagnose the problem for you if you ran "cmd" from the Run box, typed "PING google.com" and then report back the number before the letters "ms"
It could be anything. Broadband bandwidth is shared among users in an area, and at peak times you will be limited.
If its your PC, try Disk Cleanup or Defragment.
November 9, 2009 11:55:53 PM

I agree with deadjon, do that first, then decide what to do, sounds like the internet is the problem not the computer
November 10, 2009 3:36:33 AM

Quote:
Iam just trying to log on and then try to browes the web and it takes so long to load up. I have high speed internet from att.

This would imply slowness of boot time, not network access.
!