19" LCD HDTV that can also be used as a PC monitor

Last response: in Home Theatre
a b C Monitor
February 15, 2005 5:36:21 PM

I have been looking for a 19" LCD HDTV that can also be used as a PC
monitor. I have only found a few that will work this way and most of them
have poor reviews. Any thought s on this? Is this a viable option or
should I keep these functions separate?

More about : lcd hdtv monitor

February 15, 2005 11:05:34 PM

"J&D Schnoor" <jimdianes@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
>I have been looking for a 19" LCD HDTV that can also be used as a PC
>monitor. I have only found a few that will work this way and most of them
>have poor reviews. Any thought s on this? Is this a viable option or
>should I keep these functions separate?

I love my 17in Initial HDTV. see: http://www.initialdvd.com/

At $596 at WalMart or Circuit City you get a lot of bang for the buck. The
built in DVD is great! and the HDTV performance is about as good as it gets
at an arms length viewing distance.

I used it for a while as PC monitor and it works good but decided I wanted
to watch HDTV while I did my computing so now I use two displays.

Enjoy!

Evad
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
February 16, 2005 2:42:27 AM

In article <37fv4iF5e17pqU1@individual.net>, Evad <evad@dodgeit.com>
wrote:

> "J&D Schnoor" <jimdianes@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> >I have been looking for a 19" LCD HDTV that can also be used as a PC
> >monitor. I have only found a few that will work this way and most of them
> >have poor reviews. Any thought s on this? Is this a viable option or
> >should I keep these functions separate?
> >

> I love my 17in Initial HDTV. see: http://www.initialdvd.com/
>
> At $596 at WalMart or Circuit City you get a lot of bang for the buck. The
> built in DVD is great! and the HDTV performance is about as good as it gets
> at an arms length viewing distance.
>
> I used it for a while as PC monitor and it works good but decided I wanted
> to watch HDTV while I did my computing so now I use two displays.
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Evad

I have a Samsung 192MP which is a 19" LCD Monitor/TV combo and I love
it. I also have the smaller 15" 150MP. I got my 192MP for $400.00 which
was lucky. CompUSA was selling it with a rebate for about $550.00. They
can be had on eBay for around $450.00 to $500.00.

The 19" 192MP is capable of HDTV, i.e. it is HDTV ready. I don't
believe the Initial HDTV mentioned above can be used as a standard
computer monitor, and I would imagine it is HDTV ready rather than true
HDTV with an HD tuner built in.
February 16, 2005 8:03:47 AM

"Frank Graves" <fmgtech@cox.net> wrote in message
> In article <37fv4iF5e17pqU1@individual.net>, Evad <evad@dodgeit.com>
> wrote:
>
>> "J&D Schnoor" <jimdianes@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
>> >I have been looking for a 19" LCD HDTV that can also be used as a PC
>> >monitor. I have only found a few that will work this way and most of
>> >them
>> >have poor reviews. Any thought s on this? Is this a viable option or
>> >should I keep these functions separate?
>> >

>> I love my 17in Initial HDTV. see: http://www.initialdvd.com/
>>
>> At $596 at WalMart or Circuit City you get a lot of bang for the buck.
>> The
>> built in DVD is great! and the HDTV performance is about as good as it
>> gets
>> at an arms length viewing distance.
>>
>> I used it for a while as PC monitor and it works good but decided I
>> wanted
>> to watch HDTV while I did my computing so now I use two displays.
>>
>> Enjoy!
>>
>> Evad
>
> I have a Samsung 192MP which is a 19" LCD Monitor/TV combo and I love
> it. I also have the smaller 15" 150MP. I got my 192MP for $400.00 which
> was lucky. CompUSA was selling it with a rebate for about $550.00. They
> can be had on eBay for around $450.00 to $500.00.
>
> The 19" 192MP is capable of HDTV, i.e. it is HDTV ready. I don't
> believe the Initial HDTV mentioned above can be used as a standard
> computer monitor, and I would imagine it is HDTV ready rather than true
> HDTV with an HD tuner built in.

The Initial is only HDTV Ready (no HD tuner) but it does work good as a PC
monitor (1280x760 res).

Evad.
!