Sign in with
Your question

(Possible) Realtek HD Audio driver fail

Last response: in Applications
May 5, 2011 10:41:04 AM

Hey guys,

I've been having a rather unpleasant problem for a few days now that I have been unable to troubleshoot correctly or even attempt a fix.

Problem is that my microphone is not transmitting, even though it should;

-mic is turned on and is part of my headset;
-the mic is turned on from the control located on the headset;
-mic was working fine a few weeks ago as that was the last time I remember using it;
-I installed my audio drivers and updated them from the Gigabyte website;
-I have a Gigabyte p35-DS3R mobo, socket775;
-no viruses, trojan or w/e, scanned in safe mode with avast, Malwarebytes and good websurfing habits; also I'm no n00b so I know how to stay safe (WinXP was fresh-installed last month, mic was working afterwards)

Is this perhaps a driver malfunction of sorts? and if so how can I correct it?

This is a ss of how my Realtek manager looks like, please notice that in the Recording/ Input bottom half, you cannot see the bars for the volume.

One other important info - when I first encountered the prob as well as after every audio driver install - the mixer was set to on and everything I listened to in my headphones was transmitted as the mic signal (so for instance if I listened to youtube or winamp, that signal was transmitted as my mic and the mic was quiet).

Hopefully someone can help as it's driving me insane.

Thank you for reading!
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
May 19, 2011 10:33:57 AM

I had a similar problem with VIA HD audio it turned out that the defalt setting was for 5.1 which alters the mic jack from an input to an out put have a look at the I/O settings and make sure its set at 2.0. if that don't work role back the drivers and reinstall.

hope this is usefull.
m
l
!