Inventor/ port80 problem

G

Hi there, Trying to install Inventor 2009, all fine until diagnostic tests and then I get error saying port80 being used by another prog. Using windowsxp on an IBMthinkpad laptop I'm using agv anti-virus. Tried ending the task. I have uninstalled the whole autodesk suite and iTunes and still no joy. Tried loads of forums, nothing doing Help I'm losing the plot here!!! Appreciate any help. Thanks

deadjon

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
Hi there, Trying to install Inventor 2009, all fine until diagnostic tests and then I get error saying port80 being used by another prog. Using windowsxp on an IBMthinkpad laptop I'm using agv anti-virus. Tried ending the task. I have uninstalled the whole autodesk suite and iTunes and still no joy. Tried loads of forums, nothing doing Help I'm losing the plot here!!! Appreciate any help. Thanks

Ha, thats an odd one, Port 80 is actually the native port for an Internet Connection. I would suggest you change the port that Inventor uses.

It is possible to use a different port when browsing, by putting the domain name then a colon and the desired port number.

Try both solutions and post back if neither work.

G

Tried changing port that it uses, nowt. grrrrrrr.

Seriously think it's an issue with avg anti virus or the Content center within autodesk suite.

Every time I end task it immediately kicks back in using a differrent PID number.

Ta for help.... Bin looming for laptop methinks!