dishnetwork hd crt tv & comcast hd

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
February 15, 2005 11:13:50 PM

I own the Dish 34" HDTV and the Dish HD service. I am thinking of switching
to Comcast or Direct TV. Reason for Comcast is ALL Local Channels are
broadcast in HD including Sports Channel no OTA antenna needed. Direct TV
has rumored they will be offering 150 HD channels within the year. THE
QUESTION IS THIS. Is the Dish 34" crt tv made by Thomson compatible with
Comcast and or Direct TV? Right now the input Dish uses is the HD cable
that is similar to a computer printer cable. They also have several RGB
inputs on the back of the TV

Suggestions comments please
February 16, 2005 12:49:13 PM

Listen to those dtv commercials more carefully! They say they will start
offering UP TO 150 new LOCAL HD channels....so if you live in the right city
you might have 5 local channels available in HD....NOT 150 new HD channels.
Of course, all that is assuming they ain't lying to you and that all their
plans/satellites go up as scheduled.
Then there's the fact that DISH bought VOOM's satellite and is planning the
exact same thing!! And that satellite is already up and running.\!!

But yes, your tv will work fine in any case. The inputs are NOT
propriatery.

!